Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto 5 gameplay video sent the Twitterverse abuzz, garnering over 94,000 GTA-related tweets in just 24 hours. Even more impressive is the fact that 91% of the tweets regarding the newest Grand Theft Auto were considered "positive." Just 1% of the reaction was negative which is pretty darn shocking considering how critical gamers are.
These numbers come from social media research firm Fizziology which utilizes social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter to track what press and consumers are saying about key products.
The well-respected research firm also found that 29% of those who tweeted about the game said they would buy it when it releases in September. And apparently, GTA 5 is so highly anticipated that gamers (8% of those who tweeted) are willing to give up a number of things -- 25% will give up girls and 25% will allow their grades to suffer. Seriously, we're dealing with a passionate bunch of fans here; 3% said they would "become a hermit" when the game releases, willing to trade in their job, friends, and even sunlight for it.
- Latest HELOC news: Rates back away from 8%
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Borrow From Your Home, Not The Bank ($25k for $168/month)
- Need Cash For The Holidays? How To Unlock Your Home's Equity
- $50k HE Loan in this Economy? 5.49% APR ($284/mo)
- 20 Little-Known Facts About Cheers That Even Its Most Obsessive Fan…
- Meghan Markle Described How She Really Feels About Queen Elizabeth's P…
- Monster Mother-In-Law Stories That We Can’t Help But Laugh At
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- The 5 best gingerbread house kits at Target, from classic styles to…
- Family’s cheap and easy DIY game is perfect for keeping kids and adult…
- Lavender truffles chocolate holiday bars
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Transfer Your Debt to a Card with 0% Intro APR Until 2024
- Results: Best Travel Credit Cards For December 2022