Following today's news that the Xbox One was no longer available for pre-order on Best Buy's website, online retail giant Amazon also removed the option to purchase the Day One Edition on their website. You can still purchase the standard Xbox One console, but there is no indication that it will arrive at launch. Unlike the standard Xbox One, the Day One version was guaranteed for release day delivery. It also includes a commemorative controller, token code to unlock an exclusive Day One achievement, and premium packaging.
With Best Buy and Amazon sold out of their launch allotment, you are now down to three main retailers -- Amazon, Wal-Mart,Target and GameStop. If you are planning on getting an Xbox One on release day, I'd go ahead and pre-order from one of them sooner rather than later. GameStop last month also stopped accepting pre-orders after it had sold out of its initial allotment, though it's worth noting that they weren't given very many consoles to begin with. Some stores reported they were given only 16 Xbox One units compared to 64 PS4s. Since then, GameStop has reestablished pre-orders for the Day One version.
It's hard to gauge how successful the Xbox One has been early on, mostly because we aren't really sure how many units each retailer has been given. Either way, it looks like they will sell out of whatever that number is. Have you ordered your Xbox One or PS4 yet? If so, from where?
- Latest mortgage news: Rates inch down again, stay below 7%
- Latest HELOC news: Rates flirt with 8%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From the Bank – Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Harry And Meghan May Return To The Crown Under One Condition
- Amazon Employees Revealed The Truth About Working In The Warehouse
- What The Cast Of A Christmas Story Looks Like Now
- 7 Mistakes People Make When Hiring Financial Advisors
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Dad greets son at airport with traditional Māori Haka: ‘Not a dry e…
- Mom parodies different phases of being a parent in hilariously relatab…
- Photographer’s ‘faceless’ Christmas photos can help protect little one…
- 5 Reasons You Should Switch To This Travel Credit Card
- Best Travel Cards For Winter 2022
- 3 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until 2024