Timeliness and price. Those are two key factors Sony has taken into account with the PlayStation 4, something the company may have overlooked with the PS3. Speaking to CNN Money, SCEA president and CEO Jack Tretton expressed his belief that Sony is in a "much better position" with the launch of the PS4 compared to the PS3. A few changes should allow Sony to be more competitive at launch with its biggest rival, Microsoft and the Xbox One.
"There are a couple of key factors: We came to market later than what proved to be a formidable competitor in the Xbox 360 -- that won't happen this time around," Tretton assured. The Xbox One will be released in 21 countries this November, while Sony has maintained the PS4 will be available sometime this "holiday season." No specific month has been revealed, though a November launch -- or late October, at the very earliest -- is expected.
"We came to market at $599 -- that's obviously not going to happen this time around," he added. While the PlayStation 3's price was considerably higher than the Xbox 360, Sony has taken a different approach this time around. The PS4 will retail for $399, which is $100 cheaper than the Xbox One.
- Latest mortgage news: Rates close in on 6%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Restaurant servers freak out when someone requests ‘a table for 91’
- Nordstrom Rack seriously has the best 4th of July sale — shop 30+ of o…
- This $13 best-selling portable luggage scale will ensure that your sui…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You