Microsoft's all-in-one entertainment hub -- aka the Xbox One -- may be a nice fit for people in America and other western markets, but when it comes to non-western markets, like Japan, the company might have to rethink some things. This is according to Microsoft Japan CEO Yasuyuki Higuchi who admitted launching the Xbox One "as is" in Japan would be "difficult."
"(Xbox One) is geared towards a Western lifestyle, and we're looking at whether or not to launch it 'as is' in Japan," Higuchi told 4gamer.net.
"We're still figuring out how to deal with things like music and video services in each country. To be honest, (releasing it in Japan) as is would be difficult."
Part of the problem in the Xbox One's marketing is how different the Japanese lifestyle is from western countries -- especially the use of a living room. In America, gaming is popular in the living room, but in Japan most gamers tend to stay in the more private confines of their bedroom. Because many tend to live at home in Japan until they are married, gaming in the living room just isn't an option.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 seriously yummy waffle sandwiches on TikTok
- Mom gets real about other parents scolding her kids: ‘Hey, we don’t do…
- 7 essentials that’ll make your summer picnics Pinterest-worthy
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021