It's extraordinarily rare, but every once in a while, there is a true emergency at work -- and a colleague turns hero. By all accounts, that was the case last week when a Chilean mechanic successfully fended off a knife-wielding assailant who was threatening the life of the bus driver, Ruben Sanhueza. In a dramatic encounter, which was caught on video, the 22-year-old bus mechanic, referred to as "Jorge," took it upon himself to attack and beat down the assailant on July 2 while on a packed bus in the central Chilean city of Concepcion. And thanks to Jorge's intervention, the bus employees and passengers remained safe.
As can be seen on the video above, Jorge barely hesitated before jumping into the confrontation; it was as if he were Indiana Jones and happened to be on the scene when such courage was sorely needed. As a report on the Chilean network, TV Chile, noted: "The rest of the riders just observe."
Speaking to TV Chile, Sanhueza expressed gratitude to his co-worker. "Thank God he helped," he said.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Need Cash? Take Money Out of Your Home
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold