It's extraordinarily rare, but every once in a while, there is a true emergency at work -- and a colleague turns hero. By all accounts, that was the case last week when a Chilean mechanic successfully fended off a knife-wielding assailant who was threatening the life of the bus driver, Ruben Sanhueza. In a dramatic encounter, which was caught on video, the 22-year-old bus mechanic, referred to as "Jorge," took it upon himself to attack and beat down the assailant on July 2 while on a packed bus in the central Chilean city of Concepcion. And thanks to Jorge's intervention, the bus employees and passengers remained safe.
As can be seen on the video above, Jorge barely hesitated before jumping into the confrontation; it was as if he were Indiana Jones and happened to be on the scene when such courage was sorely needed. As a report on the Chilean network, TV Chile, noted: "The rest of the riders just observe."
Speaking to TV Chile, Sanhueza expressed gratitude to his co-worker. "Thank God he helped," he said.
The Latest from our Partners
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- Ready to Withdraw from Your Retirement Accounts? Do it in This Order
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.979% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, get $200 fast with this top card
- Say goodbye to debt: 0% intro APR until 2022
- Results are in: Best cards of 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $726k (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program