Stop the press! The lightbar on the top of the DualShock 4 controller does not turn off! The news comes directly from Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida who confirmed it via Twitter over the weekend.
The original question seemed to stem from concern that the lightbar would drain the DualShock 4's battery quicker. However, concern has since grown over the lighbar's possible reflection in glossy TV screens. There's worry that when playing a game in a dark room, the light would reflect off of a glossy screen, ruining any sense of immersion.
Admittedly, this really seemed like a non-issue at first. I don't game in the extreme dark and I don't have a glossy screen -- but maybe I'm in the minority?
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These bike shorts are so comfortable, I want to wear them every sin…
- These colorful weights make it easy to build your at-home gym
- Marc Jacobs’ bronzing body stick is now on sale, and it will give you …
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards