Microsoft's flip flop policy making is continuing apace, with the reveal that it will in-fact be including a headset in the bundle pack for its next-gen Xbox One console. This is counter to its original plan where if you wanted to chat to people online, you'd have to put down another few dollars for the privilege - or use your Kinect.
The reason we know about this, is because of a newly revised box contents posted over at Electronic Theatre and was revealed by GEM, the official Microsoft UK distributor for Xbox products.
Until now it was thought that even when spending $499, a further few bucks would have to go on a headset. You might still want to do that though, as chances are the bundled headset won't be anything impressive.
And no, your Xbox 360 headset won't work with the Xbox One - though Microsoft has said it might be able to develop some sort of adapter.
Of course this isn't the first time that Microsoft has U-turned on Xbox One policy. Initially it promised cloud computing, family game library sharing and no disc-gameplay, in exchange for a daily activation check and no game disc lending. After much gamer uproar though, it removed all of the above.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Everything you need to know about Brooklinen’s alternative Prime Da…
- Dad’s impression of Elmo is spot-on, and his baby is totally here for …
- Mom’s all-natural bath remedy for restless babies is brilliant: ‘How i…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards