In continuing their efforts to bring quality gaming experiences to mobile devices based on their many popular and recognizable brands, Hasbro, Inc. has announced today their acquisition of a large majority stake in developer Backflip Studios. All be told, Hasbro has dished out $112 million for 70% control of the company, who made a name for themselves in the mobile games industry with such successful titles as DragonVale, NinJump, and Paper Toss.
As part of the purchase agreement, Backflip Studios will continue to operate under the same management team in their Colorado studio, as well as continue to develop their own unique IPs: the only difference is now they'll also be splitting their time making new games based on popular Hasbro brands.
Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro, has stated in light of this announcement, "The acquisition of Backflip fits perfectly into our strategy of extending our brands into all forms and formats." Backflip seems to fully return the excitement, with CEO of Backflip Studios, Julian Farrior, adding "We are thrilled to be partnering with Hasbro, whose games, toys and brands have deeply influenced generations of consumers including our own team."
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- This waterproof power bank with a built-in flashlight charges cable…
- This is the ribbed activewear that celebs like Hailey Bieber and Kenda…
- Amazon’s best-selling makeup mirror has bright LED lights — and it’s n…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus