In continuing their efforts to bring quality gaming experiences to mobile devices based on their many popular and recognizable brands, Hasbro, Inc. has announced today their acquisition of a large majority stake in developer Backflip Studios. All be told, Hasbro has dished out $112 million for 70% control of the company, who made a name for themselves in the mobile games industry with such successful titles as DragonVale, NinJump, and Paper Toss.
As part of the purchase agreement, Backflip Studios will continue to operate under the same management team in their Colorado studio, as well as continue to develop their own unique IPs: the only difference is now they'll also be splitting their time making new games based on popular Hasbro brands.
Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro, has stated in light of this announcement, "The acquisition of Backflip fits perfectly into our strategy of extending our brands into all forms and formats." Backflip seems to fully return the excitement, with CEO of Backflip Studios, Julian Farrior, adding "We are thrilled to be partnering with Hasbro, whose games, toys and brands have deeply influenced generations of consumers including our own team."
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Upgrade your favorite foods with these easy air fryer hacks
- Learn the basics of at-home baking with this perfect chocolate chip co…
- Chriselle Lim is changing the way millennial and Gen Z moms work
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- Fly Practically Free With These 5 Travel Cards
- Best Credit Cards of 2021. We did the research. Find a better card now