Endless acres of coverage have been written about Limbo since its original console release back in 2010. This startlingly bleak 2D puzzle platformer captured the imaginations of everyone who experienced it, thanks to its unusually grim visuals and premise, clever puzzle design, and encounters capable of putting even the most seasoned gamer's heart into their mouth.
As it was with the original game, the introduction here remains minimal, and you're silently encouraged to coax life out of the nameless child protagonist lying prone on the floor. A little fumbling around soon reveals a reasonably intuitive control system that power exploration of the game. Hold your finger down on the screen before swiping left or right and you'll send the boy off in that direction, while objects in the world can be moved and manipulated by holding down on the screen whenever he's in close proximity to one of them.
On the brief but beautiful journey you'll enjoy in Limbo, you'll encounter puzzles that range from simply jumping over spike pits using an upward flick, to pulling traps into a position where they can be used to destroy a deadly enemy. There are also gentle physics puzzling elements that require you to seesaw broken branches into position, roll boulders through the landscape, or negotiate watery traps using floating platforms. There's an uneasy sense of danger at any turn, but the game's generous restart system ensures that your many, inevitable deaths remain informative rather than frustrating.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikToker shares just how cool it is to buy a drink at a Korean conv…
- Unexpected umami recipes on TikTok that use MSG
- You don’t have to wait until Prime Day — a bunch of the best Calvin Kl…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You