Industry speculation from the International Data Corporation and App Annie suggests that the global mobile gaming industry will generate revenue of $12 billion in 2013.
Most of the available data is painting a picture where the mobile gaming industry is clearly on the rise.This article will have a brief look at some of the more interesting stories to be found within.
Sony's Plan for Vita
PlayStation Vita has been a struggle for Sony, much like Nintendo has been struggling with mobile gaming. This seems to be an area where smartphone and tablet developers look to set to dominate. However, Sony appears to have come up with a plan for the future of Vita. The PlayStation Store has received a brand new category of games entitled 'Indie'.
The category has been added with the intention of encouraging independent developers to start developing games and apps in the way that developers do for the App Store and Google Play. Patience will be required, though, to see if the strategy will work. Independent developers will need time before they start releasing quality content.
Rise Fuelled By Technology
Technology has led to a situation whereby mobile users can expect to receive highly-impressive internet connections even while they are on the move. In addition, their devices are now so sophisticated that they have caught up significantly in quality with mobile gaming devices developed by the likes of Sony and Nintendo.
Users can now save money by playing mobile games on their smartphone instead of shelling out extra cash to pay for a PlayStation Vita. Their life dictates that they need a phone, and now the present level of technology will ensure that they at least have a reasonably high-tech smartphone.
Integration is also a key point to be made on this topic, with users acquiring smartphones and tablets capable of performing multiple tasks. Now the average person can make phone calls, send texts, e-mail, take pictures, record videos, update their calendar and play mobile games, amongst many other functions. PlayStation unfortunately can't contend with that level of integration.
Read more about the mobile gaming industry's rise at PlayStation Gang >
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Best Refinance Rates for Summer
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Celebrate with a bang this 4th of July with these festive beverages
- More than 30,000 Amazon shoppers swear by the MudBuster for cleaning t…
- 8 must-shop OXO Good Grips deals you need to add to your Amazon cart t…
- Take Control Of Your Finances With These Cards
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast with This Top Card
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You