Microsoft and Time Warner Cable announced a new deal today that will deliver up to 300 live TV channels to the Xbox 360. Time Warner Cable subscribers with an Xbox LIVE Gold membership will have access to to their favorite shows directly from the Xbox 360. Channels under the Time Warner Cable banner include AMC, BBC World News, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Food Network, and HGTV.
Originally I thought this was going to replace the need for having a cable subscription, but turns out you'll need to be a Time Warner Cable subscriber, so I really don't understand the benefit. I presume you'll be able to watch shows on demand? I really don't see a point to the app otherwise, unless you just like the idea of controlling your television with your voice via the Kinect.
The TWC TV app is set to launch later this year. You'll have to log-in with your Time Warner Cable credentials before you get access to the channels and programs. As of right now, the app is only confirmed for the Xbox 360, but with the Xbox One's ability to seamlessly switch between live television and games, it's hard to imagine it won't find its way over to Microsoft's new console.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 2.06% APR.
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Get Funds For Your Future With A Reverse Mortgage
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 5 TikTok dishes you can totally make with popcorn
- Dog trainer reveals what not to say to your family pet
- I tried Beautycounter’s new brightening hand serum that doubles as a s…
- 4 Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- Fly Practically Free With These 5 Travel Cards
- Best Credit Cards of 2021. We did the research. Find a better card now