Microsoft and Time Warner Cable announced a new deal today that will deliver up to 300 live TV channels to the Xbox 360. Time Warner Cable subscribers with an Xbox LIVE Gold membership will have access to to their favorite shows directly from the Xbox 360. Channels under the Time Warner Cable banner include AMC, BBC World News, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNN, Comedy Central, Food Network, and HGTV.
Originally I thought this was going to replace the need for having a cable subscription, but turns out you'll need to be a Time Warner Cable subscriber, so I really don't understand the benefit. I presume you'll be able to watch shows on demand? I really don't see a point to the app otherwise, unless you just like the idea of controlling your television with your voice via the Kinect.
The TWC TV app is set to launch later this year. You'll have to log-in with your Time Warner Cable credentials before you get access to the channels and programs. As of right now, the app is only confirmed for the Xbox 360, but with the Xbox One's ability to seamlessly switch between live television and games, it's hard to imagine it won't find its way over to Microsoft's new console.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate at four-week low
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Mom threatens to scream in the middle of Target over pile of boys’ …
- Amazon sells real diamond earrings — studs start at just $60
- ‘Unprofessional’ ultrasound tech makes mom-to-be physically ill after …
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus