It has been clear to us since E3 that the $100 price difference that the PS4 has with the Xbox One is influenced by the absence of the PS Eye bundled with the PS4 unlike the Xbox One which comes with mandatory bundled Kinect. Reports have emerged that Sony was originally planning to keep the PS Eye as a bundled accessory but changed their decision at the 11th hour to affect the price difference and give them an edge over Microsoft.
It is being reported by IGN that Sony has reversed the plans to include the PlayStation Eye with the PS4 in the months leading to E3 by "quietly informing" its retail partners. Seems a bit odd, though, as the PS Eye is being offered at $59.99.
Though quoted by anonymous sources, this report somewhat muddles the official announcement made by Shuhei Yoshida about the PS Eye. "As far as I'm concerned, personally, it's the early days of development in terms of [camera] tech," he said. "It's not ready or mature enough to be able to really be taken advantage of by all kinds of games and all kinds of [experiences] consumers would want to have. That's a decision we made." Yoshida acknowledged that such technology is constantly improving, but that "it takes tech time to break through to this level to provide the universal benefit."
Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that, including the PS Eye, the PS4 is still significantly priced lower than the Xbox One. What do you think? Do let us know in the comments below.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 11 shimmer body products to extend your summer glow way after Labor…
- Mom always knows best: TikTokers share important life lessons from the…
- 6 versatile closet essentials you need in your fall wardrobe — they’ll…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus