We knew the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 would be big, but we didn't know how big. Now, thanks to an "enthused retail source" in the UK, we know Rockstar is preparing for the game's launch by setting aside a "record-breaking number of copies."
According to CVG, the game's publisher will allocate three million copies of GTA 5 for the UK alone, giving it the potential to surpass Call of Duty: Black Ops as the fastest selling UK game ever. Activision's popular shooter sold more than 1.4 million units in a single day in the UK when it release back in 2010, something that not even its successors Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2 couldn't manage to do.
In 2008, GTA 4 sold 630,000 copies on its first day, which CVG notes, "at the time represented about a quarter of PS3 and Xbox 360 owners in the UK." With the latest records indicating an Xbox 360 and PS3 installed base of around 13 million units in the UK, GTA 5's launch day allocation represents about a fifth of total consoles sold. Perhaps Rockstar feels that with more consoles in households, GTA 5, one of this year's biggest blockbuster titles, has the potential to break some records.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These are the only heels I can wear for 8+ hours totally pain-free
- Mom confesses the ‘petty’ lies she tells her kids: ‘It just makes ever…
- Bride plays ‘shoe game’ with sister at wedding to reveal they’re both …
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards