We knew the release of Grand Theft Auto 5 would be big, but we didn't know how big. Now, thanks to an "enthused retail source" in the UK, we know Rockstar is preparing for the game's launch by setting aside a "record-breaking number of copies."
According to CVG, the game's publisher will allocate three million copies of GTA 5 for the UK alone, giving it the potential to surpass Call of Duty: Black Ops as the fastest selling UK game ever. Activision's popular shooter sold more than 1.4 million units in a single day in the UK when it release back in 2010, something that not even its successors Modern Warfare 3 or Black Ops 2 couldn't manage to do.
In 2008, GTA 4 sold 630,000 copies on its first day, which CVG notes, "at the time represented about a quarter of PS3 and Xbox 360 owners in the UK." With the latest records indicating an Xbox 360 and PS3 installed base of around 13 million units in the UK, GTA 5's launch day allocation represents about a fifth of total consoles sold. Perhaps Rockstar feels that with more consoles in households, GTA 5, one of this year's biggest blockbuster titles, has the potential to break some records.
- Latest mortgage news: 30-year rate edges up
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Smart Ways To Pay for a Home Renovation
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Toddler does some damage when parents aren’t looking, and TikTokers…
- Toddler isn’t ready to give up pacifiers, so she steals one from her d…
- Amazon just released an all-new version of its highest-rated Fire tabl…
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of August 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus