Microsoft has not done a very good job highlighting the benefits and features of the Xbox One, so when it comes to defining the mysterious "Cloud" technology that helps power their new system it should come as no surprise that they need a little help. Recognizing the need for a little clarification, Respawn Entertainment's Jon Shiring, an engineer working with the Cloud technology, has attempted to explain this complex idea.
"Cloud doesn't seem to actually mean anything anymore, or it has so many meanings that it's useless as a marketing word," he wrote in a company blog post. "Let me explain this simply: when companies talk about their cloud, all they are saying is that they have a huge amount of servers ready to run whatever you need them to run. That's all."
Okay, so what is with all the hype of the Xbox One and its Cloud technology?
"Microsoft has a cloud service called Azure (it's a real thing – you can go on their website right now and pay for servers and use them to run whatever you want). Microsoft realized that they could use that technology to solve our problem," Shiring explained.
"So they built this powerful system to let us create all sorts of tasks that they will run for us, and it can scale up and down automatically as players come and go. We can upload new programs for them to run and they handle the deployment for us. And they'll host our game servers for other platforms, too! Titanfall uses the Xbox Live Cloud to run dedicated servers for PC, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
Read more about Xbox LIVE Cloud at GameZone >
- Latest mortgage news: Rates pushing toward 7%
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Poignant Photos Of Queen Elizabeth's Funeral That Will Go Down In H…
- Chicago Fire Star Taylor Kinney Had A Surprising Upbringing That Most …
- The Truth Behind Jeffrey Dahmer’s Brutal Fate In Prison Is Revealed
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2022: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Daydreaming about that colorful Acne Studios scarf? Amazon has an a…
- My parents say this 3-in-1 charging station is the most useful gift I’…
- TikTok found a $19 dupe for Lululemon’s Everywhere Belt Bag: ‘You can’…
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation