Wanna know how much neighbors can make your life hell? A couple in Ramsey, N.J., is facing a fine of $250 to $500 after neighbors complained about their bird feeder. According to authorities in the New York City suburb, it's attracting more than birds. Other wildlife -- squirrels, deer, groundhogs, chipmunks and geese -- are flocking to the feeder. Alfred Rockefeller, who is 77 years old and disabled, told Bergen County's The Record newspaper that bird-feeding is one of the few things that bring him joy.
We've heard of other conflicts with neighbors that involve birds -- and in one of them it was the bird that was the terror. AOL Real Estate reported last year about a couple in Warwick, R.I., whose neighbor purportedly tormented them by training a pet cockatoo to scream expletives at them. Talk about flipping the bird!
Bad neighbors come in all forms, of course, but would you begrudge a 77-year-old his desire to feed the birds -- even if a whole menagerie came with it? Well, there's more to the story: The town of Ramsey has an ordinance against feeding wildlife. Watch the video above for the full report.
See more about neighbors:
Is a Neighbor Hurting Your Home's Value?
James Franco's Neighbors: He's a Nightmare to Live Next Door To
Bad Neighbors: Why the Brothel-Next-Door Goes Unnoticed
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Transfer your debt to a card with 0% intro APR until 2022
- Score a $200 Sign Up Bonus fast with this card
- Our 2 Favorite Cards for Everyday Expenses
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program