It's been expected for a while now that the slumping video game industry would got a spark from next-gen consoles. If early pre-order results for the Xbox One and PS4 are any indication, those expectations could hold true.
Amazon Inc., on Friday, announced that its video game store had its biggest pre-order week ever thanks to the Xbox One and PS4. At "peak demand" -- which Amazon did not clarify the timeframe -- more than 2,500 Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles were being pre-ordered on Amazon every minute. Again, Amazon did not state how long this period was for, nor did they provide any total pre-order numbers for either console.
"E3 week pre-orders of [Xbox One and PlayStation 4] consoles brought a year-over-year increase in orders of more than 4,000%, compared to consoles ordered during E3 week last year," the online retailer offered. Amazon also noted that first-day pre-orders for the Xbox One and PS4 were "nearly twice that of all video game sales on Black Friday."
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021