The November 27th release date for the Xbox One is just a placeholder being used byAmazon, Microsoft confirmed. "We have not informed our retail partners about a specific launch date for the Xbox One," a Microsoft spokesperson told EGM.
This sort of thing tends to happen quite frequently: a retailer posts a release date and people immediately jump to the conclusion that it will be that exact date the product releases on. When in fact, as Microsoft pointed out, "It is commonplace for retailers to put placeholders dates and prices into our system until they are given a specific date and price."
"We are excited to release the Xbox One in November 2013," the representative left off. Despite no release date, the Xbox One is currently available for pre-order for £425 / €499 / $499 (depending on your market).
Microsoft isn't the only one combating release date rumors. Last week, European retailer Media Markt posted an advertisement for the PS4 with a release date of November 13, 2013.
Read more about the Xbox One at GameZone >
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards