The outing of Infinity Ward general managers Vince Zampella and Jason West was not only ugly -- it was public.Everyone who was everyone knew that Activision harshly kicked them out of the studio over some hubbub regarding an "internal EA email." What followed was even uglier, with lawsuit followed by countersuit, finger-pointing and a whole lot of ugly accusations. Eventually, though, the dust settled, West and Zampella got paid royalties from the project, and the team moved forward with its new company, Respawn Entertainment – which West left soon thereafter for personal reasons.
But Zampella soldiered on with his devoted development team in tow, and last week, the fruit of their labors, the much-anticipated Titanfall, was shown at the Electronic Entertainment Expo at EA's booth. Some people were concerned with what was happening with the game, as it was deemed an online multiplayer-only project (right alongside the likes of Warhawk and SOCOM Confrontation). However, all those doubts were washed away the minute the team kicked off its multiplayer demo. This thing is nuts.
The game takes place in the near future, where it appears two warring factions are fighting over territory, using both on-foot soldiers and giant mechanized soldiers. (Think of it as Call of Duty: Future Warfare, but with several twists on the gameplay.) The excitement ranks up there with Zampella's prior work, with plenty of engaging firefights to keep you entertained and cool little after-effects you can pull off with your soldier for extra points, including yanking a soldier out of a mech unit and flinging him across the battlefield, or making him explode and shooting his head as it flies through the air.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Wife stuns husband during impromptu game of two truths and a lie
- Teen leaves stepmom in tears with emotional speech during wedding
- 9 laundry hacks from Amazon to help you save space and clean clothes b…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022