Sony has allegedly given video game retailer GameStop the green light to take "unlimited pre-orders." NeoGAF memberLiK posted a photo of a notice presumably sent to GameStop stores from some higher-ups congratulating the stores on their job of "effectively driving reservations, games and accessories with the PS4 and Xbox One." The notice also contains some new PS4 reservation information.
"Starting now, through this weekend and until further notice, Sony has allowed us to take unlimited preorders beyond your current allotments. In other-words, the flood gates are open for PS4 system reserves, we will let you know when to stop preordering based on limited quantities."
The exact allotment is unknown, but it's believed that many GameStop stores were given a high allocation count to begin with. According to GameTrailers, one store had 24 PS4's initially before it was increased to 138 systems throughout the week. That same store has 66 pre-orders for the PS4, while just 12 of the allotted 18 Xbox One systems have been pre-ordered. Keep in mind, these numbers vary from location to location. I went to one store the other day that said they had already sold out of Xbox Ones; although it's been said the allocation amount for Xbox One wasn't very large to begin with.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 2.0% APR (15 yr)
- Experts Urge Americans to Refinance in 2021
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 8 genius Father’s Day gifts for the dad who doesn’t want anything
- 7 cute belt bags that’ll let you go hands-free this summer — starting …
- Marc Jacobs Beauty best sellers are on sale right now for as low as $1…
- 4 Cards With Massive Sign Up Bonuses (Get $200 Fast)
- Ready To Travel Again? These Cards Will Take You There.
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You