Gamers won big today with Microsoft's reversal of its original Xbox One DRM, removing the internet connection requirement and doing away with its strict used-games policy. But if I've learned one thing in my 25 years of existence it's that you can't have your cake and eat it too. The gains we made today did not come without some losses. How poetic of me, right?
So what did we give up by getting the changes we demanded? It seems quite a few of Xbox One's cooler features will be cut as a result of the policy change -- most notably the ability to take your game library with you anywhere and the family sharing library.
"There's a few things we won't be able to deliver as a result of this change," Marc Whitten, VP of Xbox Live told Kotaku. "One of the things we were very excited about was 'wherever we go my games are always with me.' Now, of course your physical games won't show up that way. The games you bought digitally will. You'll have to bring your discs with you to have your games with you. Similarly, the sharing library [is something] we won't be able to deliver at launch."
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Calculate your new refi payment in minutes. See if you can save
- Lock in a 2.06% APR Refi Rate Before The Fed Meets
- A Simple Way to Pay Off Your House ASAP
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- 7 of the best cooler bags you won’t mind schlepping to your next ou…
- Girls That Scuba builds community underwater: ‘We’re in it together’
- Instagram says you need a Brandon Blackwood bag this summer — and now,…
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for May 2021