Successful casual games developer King, the company behind the hugely popular match-three adventure Candy Crush Saga, has unveiled plans this week to start taking their business to the public. King (also known more formally as Midasplayer International Holding Co.) has hired several banks including J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., Credit Suisse Group AG, and Bank of America to handle their Initial Public Offering (I.P.O.).
Basically, what this means is that if the deal goes through, King and all of its properties would become public-owned stock. However, while the London-based company is seriously looking into this path, it should still be noted that no final decision in regards to the timing or pricing of the deal has been completed.
While some video game companies might be hesitant towards going the public route for their business, given the shaky footing that Zynga Inc. has still been struggling to find after making a similar move, that doesn't mean that others are completely shying away from this viable public option entirely. Other successful game companies like Kabam Inc. of Kingdoms of Camelot fame have also been hinting at plans to go public as early as 2014.
King has turned an annual profit every year since 2005, and given that the mobile games industry is expected to bring in sales of more than $9.9 billion in 2013, this could be the perfect opportunity to expand their winning business even further for the future.
- Latest mortgage news: After flirting with 6%, rates retreat
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Want Cash Out of Your Home? Here Are Your Best Options
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- ‘To the boy who doesn’t let anything get him down’: Mom honors Disa…
- Nordstrom shoppers are raving about how well these white pants fit: ‘I…
- These are the 25 fashion and beauty deals you don’t want to miss at Am…
- The Painless Way To Earn Cash Back Every Day
- Want to Travel Practically Free? This Card Is For You
- Best Travel Credit Cards For Summer 2022