When my mother's family sailed from Holland to New York in 1662, high hopes and a lingering love of cheese weren't the only things they brought with them. They also carried over a conviction that "idle hands do the devil's work," which -- for better or worse -- I seem to have inherited. The "worse" part predominates on vacation since it makes it hard for me to truly leave my job behind. Especially in those first days at the shore when I haven't yet been hypnotized by the sound of lapping waves, I always feel that I must do some work to earn my downtime.
The Latest from our Partners
- Amazon Prime Day is one week away, but you can already score a smar…
- Are these ‘Big Mac tacos’ better than McDonald’s?
- Mom’s mess-free finger paint hack causes unexpected controversy on Tik…
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious