By Erika Riggs
At first glance, the Pacific Palisades home is classic -- a comfortable mansion appropriately priced for the area, but it doesn't look like the home belonging to an actor like Tom Hanks.
That's because the home at 956 Corsica Drive in Pacific Palisades, Calif., is just one of three properties the veteran actor owns in the area with wife Rita Wilson. The couple bought a more spectacular (and star-worthy) contemporary home three years ago for $26 million. They also own another property that they picked up in 2010 for $1.45 million, and a prime Malibu Colony home that they bought in 1991.
The couple bought this home earlier in their acting careers in 1988, right on the heels of Hanks' Oscar nomination for "Big." Hanks was just coming into his own as a Hollywood star, after his roles in "Splash," "The Money Pit" and "Dragnet." Today, a string of popular movies include his name on the credits. Hanks and Wilson appeared in "Sleepless in Seattle" together in 1993.
Hanks' Pacific Palisades home is described as a "legendary villa" hidden behind privacy walls and hedges. Built in 1929, the classic house has decorated archways and frescoed ceilings with chandeliers. The highlight of the home is the many loggias and patios -- each surrounded by lush greenery and gardens.
The Spanish-style home measures 6,289 square feet with four bedrooms and 5.5 baths. The master suite includes a fireplace, private beauty salon and opens up to a terrace with ocean views.
See more on Zillow:
Kristen Stewart Buys New Place in Los Feliz
The One-Time Hideaway of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson for Sale
Report: Ellen and Portia Buy in Montecito
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- The Best States to Retire in 2022
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Turn Your Home Equity Into Cash Before a Recession
- Use The Equity In Your Home To Get The Cash You Need
- Home Equity Surges: Compare Home Equity Loans
- Age 62+? Take this Quiz to Qualify for a Home Equity Conversion
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps New Home Buyers Qualify to Buy
- 5 Best Cash Back Credit Cards For 2022
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- 3 Cards That Can Help You Take Your Dream Vacation
- The True Story Behind "The Blind Side"
- These Are All The Hidden Hacks Of Costco
- The Largest Military Planes In The World Are A Sight To Behold