By Erika Riggs
At first glance, the Pacific Palisades home is classic -- a comfortable mansion appropriately priced for the area, but it doesn't look like the home belonging to an actor like Tom Hanks.
That's because the home at 956 Corsica Drive in Pacific Palisades, Calif., is just one of three properties the veteran actor owns in the area with wife Rita Wilson. The couple bought a more spectacular (and star-worthy) contemporary home three years ago for $26 million. They also own another property that they picked up in 2010 for $1.45 million, and a prime Malibu Colony home that they bought in 1991.
The couple bought this home earlier in their acting careers in 1988, right on the heels of Hanks' Oscar nomination for "Big." Hanks was just coming into his own as a Hollywood star, after his roles in "Splash," "The Money Pit" and "Dragnet." Today, a string of popular movies include his name on the credits. Hanks and Wilson appeared in "Sleepless in Seattle" together in 1993.
Hanks' Pacific Palisades home is described as a "legendary villa" hidden behind privacy walls and hedges. Built in 1929, the classic house has decorated archways and frescoed ceilings with chandeliers. The highlight of the home is the many loggias and patios -- each surrounded by lush greenery and gardens.
The Spanish-style home measures 6,289 square feet with four bedrooms and 5.5 baths. The master suite includes a fireplace, private beauty salon and opens up to a terrace with ocean views.
See more on Zillow:
Kristen Stewart Buys New Place in Los Feliz
The One-Time Hideaway of Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson for Sale
Report: Ellen and Portia Buy in Montecito
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
See celebrity real estate.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Historic Refi Rate Alert: 1.99% APR. Can you save?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Experts Recommend to Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Do You Know the Fastest Way to Pay Off Credit Card Debt?
- Pay No Interest Until Nearly 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program