Despite the lack of a traditional press conference, Nintendo actually brought a broad range of titles to E3 2013. One such game was the recently announced Super Mario 3D World, a cooperative 3D platformer exclusively for the Wii U.
In Super Mario 3D World you work together with other players to complete a level. Each of the four characters -- Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad -- have their own special abilities. Luigi can jump higher; Peach can glide; Toad runs fast; and Mario was described as sort of an "all-around" kind of guy.
Thankfully, there was a group of us playing, so I was able to experience the full multiplayer blowout. The first level was more of your traditional 3D platformer. We hopped form platform to platform, up and down clouds that would go in and out of the mountain; it was your typical Mario level design, except in 3D.
The catch here is that your playing with three other players. Things can get a little chaotic, and somewhat clustered, with four players all heading in the same direction, fighting for the same coins, and looking to jump on the same enemies. Keeping track of your character can get difficult with all of the chaos happening on screen, but it's a fun experience playing with others.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Snag Amazon devices for less, thanks to these early Prime Day deals
- My mom has been a flight attendant for 38 years — here’s what she swea…
- This expensive-looking tank on Nordstrom is now 40% off — get it befor…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards