If we've learned anything from pop culture over the past few years, it's that zombies are not going to leave us alone. Like ever. Our only solace is that out flora friends have our backs, and they will prove it again this summer in Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time. EA's mobile suite had a playable version on display at E3, and yours truly got to spend some quality time with PopCap's latest effort.
The basics that made the first PvZ so popular haven't changed too much. In each stage, you can choose from a selection of plants to defend the left side of the grid from zombies who attack from the right. Strategic considerations include placement and timing, as more powerful plants can't come into play until you've collected enough sun. Zombies still don't like sun.
What the sequel gives you is more of everything. There are 12 new plants to master, each one giving you new options on defense. My favorites were Bonk Choy, a melee fighting cabbage, and the expensive but powerful Coconut Cannon. The Peapod, a ranged unit that can be purchased and stacked on itself multiple times for more firepower, was also a lot of fun.
Want more flexibility to deal with the shambling hordes? You've got it. Some levels have carts on tracks so you can slide plants between lanes. Sun can be collected by swipes instead of individual taps, something another E3 attendee said will save him from carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- $400K Refi in this Economy? 1.99% APR (15 yr)
- Need Cash for Your Fixer Upper? Use Your Home's Equity!
- Experts Recommend Refi Before Rates Keep Rising
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Everything you need to know about Brooklinen’s alternative Prime Da…
- Dad’s impression of Elmo is spot-on, and his baby is totally here for …
- Mom’s all-natural bath remedy for restless babies is brilliant: ‘How i…
- Cards Charging 0% Interest Until Nearly 2023
- You Could Earn 100K Points With This Astonishing Travel Card
- Get Financially Fit with these Credit Cards