Both Microsoft and EA showed off ways the so-called second screen could be a bigger part of the console gaming experience at their E3 press briefings yesterday. From the looks of it, we'll soon be moving away from apps that give you stats or let you tinker around the edges of a console game and getting into full-fledged connected territory.
The Xbox team has talked up the potential of SmartGlass in the past, but the fall arrival of the Xbox One means there might finally be something interesting to do with it when it comes to gaming. For the upcoming Roman hack and slash actionfest Ryse, players will be able to launch single player campaigns, set up multiplayer matches and use a timeline feature to get real time updates on how their friends are progressing through the game from their smartphone or tablet – and maybe get some gameplay hints by watching footage those friends have saved and made public.
If anything, EA went even one better. During its demonstration of Need For Speed Rivals, we got a look at a racer trying to avoid capture while a second player pursued in a police vehicle. A third player used a tablet app to help the police side, getting a helicopter into position to highlight the runner and possibly distract him as well.
- Savings Interest Rates SkyRocket After Fed Meeting
- With the Recent Rate Hike, CDs Become Best Investment
- Mortgage Rates Remain Low by Historical Standards – Experts Urge Locki…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Congress Gives Veterans A Generous Mortgage Relief Program
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Can You Refinance With $0 Out of Pocket?
- Need Cash? How to Access Your Home's Equity
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Yes, petite people can wear maxi dresses — here are 6 must-buy styl…
- 5 delicious ice cream sandwich recipes that are perfect for summer
- Thousands of Amazon shoppers love this best-selling projector with 3,7…
- Earn Unlimited 1.5x Miles for Every Dollar Spent on All Purchases
- $200 Sign Up Bonus to Start the Summer
- These 5 Cards Are No Risk, All Reward. Save today!