Microsoft just wrapped up their much-anticipated 2013 E3 Live press conference that featured an overwhelming amount of detail about everything from the new Xbox 360, Xbox One features, the new Xbox Live, Xbox One games, and, finally, Xbox One pricing and release information.
Pictured above, a new Xbox 360 will be released TODAY. Xbox One, on the other hand, will be released in November of 2013 and priced at a whopping $499 (429 pounds and 499 Euros). By the way, that price is significantly higher than many experts were predicting Microsoft would decide to price the Xbox One and, judging by instant Twitter reactions, fans are not happy about the steep price for the next-gen console.
There was also an extensive preview of the new Xbox Live which is going to feature new elements such as SmartGlass and SmartMatch, which are supposed to both enhance and more easily facilitate a quicker live gaming experience. Upload Studio is another new feature that will enable players to edit, customize, and, you guessed it, upload their own gaming videos directly through their Xbox One. The new Xbox Live will also move from Microsoft Points to REAL money.
Here are a handful of the many games teased and talked about during the conference:
- Forza 5, featuring "Drivatars" that remember how a player drives and drive like real humans, apparently.
- Minecraft was also quickly teased, demonstrating Microsoft's dedication to indie games, as well.
- Dead Rising 3 will enable users to make a weapon out of "anything and everything," use new distraction tools to get away from zombies, put emphasis on the importance of getting around and discovery in cars, and offer a more customized experience. (Holiday release)
- A new Halo title will be released in early 2014, but we were given very little actual information about the game after a vague (but very cool) teaser that took place in a desert with a hooded Master Chief.
- An extensive Titalfall trailer also debuted at the end of the event.
- Latest mortgage news: Virus news pushes rates down this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikToker reveals how Costco puts sauce on pizza
- FYI, there are a bunch of soft and fluffy UGG slippers on sale for up …
- 4-year-old daughter ‘scares’ mom with her business savviness when she …
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now