What can't a smartphone do nowadays? Well, check on more thing off the list: running the electronic components in your home.
TV station KTXL in Sacramento spoke with Kris Stringfellow, a local resident who uses his smartphone to control everything from his home security system to his thermostat. He can stream live surveillance footage of his home and even pan his camera remotely to get a better look at a potential intruder. "I get packages delivered -- I can tell when packages have arrived, and if someone decides to take them I can see who they are," he said.
Could it get any more convenient? Maybe -- if it could start the laundry or prepare a meal on its own. To learn more about smart homes, watch the video above.
See more about smartphones and real estate:
How Your Smartphone Can Find Your Dream Home
6 Real Estate Apps for Finding a New Home
Mortgage Applications Over the Phone? They Could Be on the Way
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find homes for rent.
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap