LexisNexis CounselLink Seminar: Legal Departments Under Pressure
LexisNexis CounselLink Seminar:Legal Departments Under Pressure
Interactive Workshop Provides Practical Strategies for Law Department Operations Leaders on How to Effectively Manage Operations, Process and Relationships
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, announced today a seminar for law department operations leaders. The event, titled Legal Departments Under Pressure: Effective Management of Operations, Processes, and Relationships, features an interactive blue chip panel which will provide pragmatic advice on how to improve the management of legal department operations.
The three-hour seminar, brought to you by Sandpiper Partners and sponsored by LexisNexis, provider of CounselLink®, corporate matter and legal spend management software, brings together a diverse and experienced panel of experts focused on the most pressing issues currently facing inside counsel. Attendees will leave with practical strategies and tactics for how to:
- More effectively manage law firm relationships, structure and budgets.
- Align with the General Counsel's strategic vision and demonstrate law department value.
- Collaborate with adjacent business units such as Finance, IT, HR, Risk and Security.
- Improve processes for procuring services, developing statements of work and managing vendors.
- Negotiate contracts and manage budgets to deliver the best legal value.
- Address special issues including BYOD, litigation management, cyber security and protection.
"The dynamics of the legal industry, including budget pressures and the need to demonstrate value in terms business leaders can understand, means the days of managing legal departments based on gut-feelings or anecdotal information are over," said Kris Satkunas, director of Strategic Consulting with LexisNexis® CounselLink®. "This seminar is unique because it is aimed at providing actionable advice to the law department management staff, which is well positioned to drive efficiency in the law departments."
The workshop is complimentary for law department staff and attorneys and includes breakfast.
|What:||Practical Strategies for Law Department COOs and Heads of Operations|
|When:||Wednesday, June 19, 2013, 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.|
|Where:||The Yale Club, New York City|
Blue chip panelists include:
- Cesar Apostol, vice president Finance, The Blackstone Group
- Rose Battaglia, global chief operating, Officer for Legal and Compliance, Deutsche Bank AG
- Laura Caponi, head of Legal Operations, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Jeffrey S. Isaacs, managing director and Chief Operating Officer, Legal, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Lani Quarmby, associate general counsel & senior vice president, Bank of America
- Moderator: Kris Satkunas, director of Strategic Consulting with LexisNexis CounselLink
About LexisNexis Legal & Professional
LexisNexis® Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. LexisNexis helps professionals at law firms and legal departments of all sizes manage the business element of their practice with innovative software and mobile solutions for customer relationship management, competitive intelligence gathering and assessment, time and billing management, matter management, client analysis, legal holds and more. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, Inc., LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
LexisNexis Legal & Professional
Frank Strong, 919-415-3071
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article LexisNexis CounselLink Seminar: Legal Departments Under Pressure originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.