From sun-bleached terrazzos overlooking the Mediterranean to cobbled piazzas lined with gelato shops, Italy does summer right. Many visitors flock to the country's most notable sights -- the Colosseum in Rome, the Leaning Tower in Pisa, the Duomo in Florence and the Grand Canal in Venice. Others head away from the city, sampling food and wine in the Tuscan countryside, hopping from village to village in the Cinque Terre or paying homage to art in historic churches.
Summer is the best time to tour grand villas and their spectacular gardens; it's also host to slew of Italy's festivals, from horse races like the famous Siena Palio to smaller fetes of flowers, art, religion and music.
The Latest from our Partners
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Clean your phone with this top-selling screen cleaner on Amazon
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Hilarious Kid Answers To Test Questions
- These Cake Messages Are Wrong In So Many Ways
- These Pregnancy Announcements Are Brilliantly Hilarious