Xbox One controller might not look that different from its predecessor, but that doesn't mean that Microsoft didn't conduct extensive research and testing to ensure that it is its best controller yet.
Inside the controller testing labs at Microsoft's headquarters in Redmond, Washington, a special custom-built stress-testing rig was used to test up to twenty different controllers at once. The rig pushed each button on each controller 4 or 5 times per second until each button is pushed more than two million times. This test is designed to ensure that the buttons are able to survive the frequent and brutal presses of excited gamers throughout the controller's lifespan.
More importantly, the testing rig is hooked to computers that monitor the outputs of each controller to ensure that they perform consistently every time they are used. The testing team also made sure to perform "drop tests" where the controllers are filmed in slow motion while they fall on hard ground so that the engineering team would identify any weak spots in its body.
And the testing is not over yet even though Xbox One is officially in its launch count-down phase. In fact, some controllers currently attached to the stress-testing rig have already surpassed 3 million button presses. According to Microsoft's accessories and hardware manager Bob Brown, this means that Xbox One controllers are expected to last at least for a decade at. Incidentally, 10 years is also Microsoft's projected lifespan for Xbox One.
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing clock is ticking as rates rise
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikTok shows you how to take your pumpkin spice latte to the next l…
- Over 5,500 Amazon shoppers love this gel nail kit — and it’s under $40
- This perfume smells like an expensive hotel lobby in the best way
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021