Grant to Eco-Friendly Chicago Salon Concludes Latest Phase of Intuit's $1.2 Million Small Business I
Grant to Eco-Friendly Chicago Salon Concludes Latest Phase of Intuit's $1.2 Million Small Business Initiative
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Intuit (NAS: INTU) recently granted a final wish as part of the Love Our Local Business program, which awards 15 deserving small business owners with $5,000 grants designed to grow business. To date, Intuit has invested $1.2 million in the Love Our Local Business program and the spring campaign is the latest iteration of Intuit's commitment to small business growth. The most recent recipient of a Love Our Local Business grant was eco-friendly Chicago-area salon and spa, Jonathan Kane Salon.
"This is so exciting!" said salon owner Jonathan Kane. "I plan on building upon our efforts to be a Zero Waste salon and spending the remaining money to do what it takes to get closer to that goal. We live in an outstanding and diverse community that has supported and grown with us for three years, this would be a great way to pay them back for that support."
At the start of the spring program, Intuit invited small business owners to submit wishes for their businesses and describe how granting the wish would have a transformational impact on business. Fans were then encouraged to vote for their favorites. The Love Our Local Business website received a record-setting 19,500 applications and more than 1.6 million fan votes. A panel of Intuit judges chose the 15 finalists and based their selections on the impact and feasibility of the businesses' wishes, as well as the number of fan votes the businesses' proposals received. The winners span a variety of industries and include:
- Cookies for Kaiser, Beaumont, Texas
- Centerpiece LLC, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Guerilla Beekeepers, Santa Ana, California
- Freshfully, Birmingham, Alabama
- Shenandoah Academy of Dance, Buena Vista, Virginia
- The BTC Old Fashioned Grocery, Water Valley Mississippi
- Bread SRSLY, San Francisco, CA
- Cricket Creek Farm, Williamstown, Massachusetts
- Rosendale Theatre, Rosendale, New York
- The Clay School, Lynn, Massachusetts
- MedLaundry, Milledgeville, Georgia
- Mufa Café, Gillette, Wyoming
- Jonathan Kane Salon, Flossmoor, Illinois
- Parrot Partner, Ottawa, Ontario
In addition to the winners from the spring iteration of Love Our Local Business, Intuit's winter campaign awarded $5,000 grants to an additional 15 small business winners. The winter winners were:
- Buona Caffe Artisan Roasted Coffee, Augusta, GA
- In the RA Fitness, Phoenix, AZ
- Mama Baretta, Penngrove, CA
- American Automotive, Ozark, MO
- Texas Coalition for Animal Protection, Fort Worth, TX
- The Cleaning Bouquet, Florence, SC
- Roots, Memphis, TN
- Kitchener-Waterloo Little Theater, Waterloo, Canada
- Stadel Lawn, Landisville, PA
- Linden Tree Books, Los Altos, CA
- Detroit School of Rock, Royal Oak, MI
- Golden Isle Linen Service, Brunswick, GA
- Anna's Lock & Key, Arlington, WA
- Shakar Bakery, Van Nuys, CA
- Rocky Mountain eWaste, Denver, CO
- Love Our Local Business website
- [VIDEO] Intuit CEO Brad Smith shares why local businesses matter
- Intuit Small Business Blog
- Intuit on Twitter
- Intuit on Facebook
- Intuit Community
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses; financial institutions, including banks and credit unions; consumers and accounting professionals. Its flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants. Intuit Financial Services helps banks and credit unions grow by providing on-demand solutions and services that make it easier for consumers and businesses to manage their money.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had annual revenue of $4.15 billion in its fiscal year 2012. The company has approximately 8,500 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.
Intuit and the Intuit logo, among others, are registered trademarks and/or registered service marks of Intuit Inc. in the United States and other countries.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Illinois
The article Grant to Eco-Friendly Chicago Salon Concludes Latest Phase of Intuit's $1.2 Million Small Business Initiative originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.