McAfee Transforms Endpoint Security Market with Industry's First Chip-to-Application Coverage
McAfee TransformsEndpoint Security Market with Industry's First Chip-to-Application Coverage
McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection Suites Uniquely Deliver Hardware-Enhanced Security and Real-Time Security Management
SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- McAfee introduced two new suites: McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection - Enterprise, and McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection - Business. These suites are the first to link security from chip to OS to applications, protecting against new threat vectors and bringing critical visibility to risk management. The suites are the first to include McAfee Deep Defender, a rootkit protection based on hardware-enhanced security jointly developed by Intel and McAfee, dynamic whitelisting, risk intelligence, and real-time security management. By including mobile device management and support for Macs and Linux, McAfee suites help businesses of all sizes protect devices, data and applications.
Security staff will benefit by the extended span of coverage managed within a single console. IT administrators can see efficient installation in minutes, not hours, to ease deployment. End users benefit from higher performance scanning that minimizes the potential overhead of effective protection. Competitive pricing meets the needs of budget-minded buyers while delivering significant value for customers with mission-critical security needs. Finally, new incentives and affordable pricing engage the channel to help businesses with different budgets to adopt these unique products for protection and performance.
New Threats Demand a New Standard of Protection
Modern threats start with an ever-increasing stream of phishing, malicious web pages, rootkits, and compromised devices. These initial contacts can turn into persistent, multi-stage, targeted attacks. The explosion of devices multiplies the chance of an attack affecting the mobile workforce, who can unknowingly endanger the business and systems when reconnecting to the corporate network. McAfee tackles these obstacles with its Complete Endpoint Protection suites that target every phase of stealthy malware and persistent attacks.
Tested and Proven
Dynamic and distributed organizations, especially those with stringent requirements to safeguard data as well as verify and report on regulatory compliance, can rest assured since the new McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites include some of the most highly-ranked security technology in the industry. In comparative testing done by AV-Test, McAfee software scored 100% in rootkit protection with McAfee Deep Defender. In the 2013 Corporate Endpoint Protection Group Test by NSS Labs, McAfee software received the highest score in defending against exploit and evasion attacks. Also, in a study conducted by West Coast Labs, McAfee software scored 100% in malware protection with the combination of McAfee Application Control, McAfee VirusScan® Enterprise, and McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention, three of the central products in the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection—Enterprise suites.
Below are just a few of the many capabilities offered by products included in the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites:
- Real Time for McAfee ePO—uses a specialized design and best practice questions and actions within the workflow to help every administrator understand their security posture up to 1,000 times faster than any other means, and take action easily and immediately to manage potential risks.
- McAfee®Enterprise Mobility Management (McAfee EMM)—mobile device management and mobile data security are fully integrated with the McAfee® ePolicy Orchestrator® (McAfee ePO) platform environment. With ePO, customers can use a single pane of glass and policy environment to manage all endpoints, including the suites' multi-platform package of smartphones, tablets, Macs, Windows, and Linux. To read the full EMM press release, also announced today, click here.
- McAfee Deep Defender—endpoints are protected from stealthy attacks through jointly developed Intel and McAfee hardware-enhanced security that goes beyond the operating system, protecting where traditional security tools can't reach.
- McAfee Application Control for PCs—dynamic whitelisting for laptops and desktops reduces the chance of infection or disruption by containing the applications a user can run, including preventing malware from executing. The technology has been shown by West Coast Labs to offer 100% protection rates with very low system overhead.
- McAfee Risk Advisor—helps administrators instantly see which assets are at highest risk so they can protect the most essential assets first and accurately.
"A few years ago, McAfee created the first security suites. We remain a market leader in what is estimated by IDC to be a $2B market in 20131. That's more than half of all endpoint security sales," said Candace Worley, senior vice president and general manager of endpoint security at McAfee. "Now, through performance and automation enhancements to our existing market-leading defenses and integration of distinctive and compelling new protections, McAfee suites again define a new level of endpoint protection—one that is firing on all cylinders: speed, security, simplicity, and value."
McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites incorporate ePolicy Orchestrator software, the world's leading security management system, a central part of McAfee's Security Connected management platform. This management system has been enhanced with Real Time for McAfee ePO software, which allows administrators to directly and instantly understand and manage endpoint health across all devices to keep critical assets and data secured and available.
"With the McAfee ePO platform we receive heartbeat status in real time, while gaining visibility into important background information so that we can conduct comprehensive statistical analysis and reporting," said Rick Snyder, Endpoint Security Supervisor at Boston Scientific. "As a medical device company dedicated to less-invasive medicine, we see the McAfee ePO platform as the most effective solution for managing our entire environment from a single point."
McAfee's endpoint security provides complete protection technology for all devices, the data that runs through them, and the applications that run on them. Our comprehensive, tailored solutions reduce complexity to achieve multi-layer endpoint defense that won't impact productivity and blends traditional smart malware scanning, dynamic whitelisting, behavioral day-zero intrusion prevention, unified management and integrated threat intelligence. McAfee uniquely provides a comprehensive approach to devices, protection technology and management.
- For the full list of integrated enhancements included in the new McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites please visit:http://www.mcafee.com/endpoint
- Video: Overview of Complete Endpoint Protection Suites:http://bcove.me/gz342igd
- Infographic: The Black and White of Endpoint Security:http://www.mcafee.com/img/infographics/mcafee-endpoint-security-infographic.jpg
- For specific partner incentives related to the new McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection suites please visit:http://securityalliance.mcafee.com
For more information on the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection - Enterprise Suite and the McAfee Complete Endpoint Protection - Business Suite visit: http://www.mcafee.com/endpoint.
1IDC, "Worldwide Endpoint Security 2012-2016 Forecast and 2011 Vendor Shares," doc #235930, July 2012
McAfee, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NAS: INTC) , empowers businesses, the public sector, and home users to safely experience the benefits of the Internet. The company delivers proactive and proven security solutions and services for systems, networks, and mobile devices around the world. With its Security Connected strategy, innovative approach to hardware-enhanced security, and unique Global Threat Intelligence network, McAfee is relentlessly focused on keeping its customers safe. http://www.mcafee.com
Note: McAfee, VirusScan, ePolicy Orchestrator, and McAfee ePO are trademarks or registered trademarks of McAfee, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
The information contained in this document is for informational purposes only and should not be deemed an offer by McAfee or create an obligation on McAfee. McAfee reserves the right to discontinue products at any time, add or subtract features or functionality, or modify its products, at its sole discretion, without notice and without incurring further obligations.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California
The article McAfee Transforms Endpoint Security Market with Industry's First Chip-to-Application Coverage originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.