Finding the Best Deal on New Wheels this Memorial Day
More people are in market to buy a new car than even automakers thought would be the case a few months ago. To cope with rising demand, Detroit companies are pulling back on customary summer downtime for workers and telling them they will be needed to turn out more new sheet metal.
Considering their plight a few years ago when General Motors (GM) and Chrysler both filed for bankruptcy, this is a high-class problem to have now.
So, what do you need to know as you scroll shopping sites such as AOL Autos for the your next set of wheels? Here are some of the latest reviews, news and buying tips that will save you money and hopefully make your buying experience the best it can be.
- Here is our list of the best deals you can get in May based on how much dealers are discounting vehicles off the MSRP. Maybe one of these vehicles is on your wish list: The Best New Car Deals: May 2013
- While there are plenty of sales and generous lease offers to go with Memorial Day weekend, not every car will be discounted. These are the hardest new vehicles to dicker on because they are so much in demand: The Toughest Cars to Negotiate: May 2013
- How are you judging quality when you go shopping? It's tough, we know. So many rankings. Hopefully, this gallery of some of the highest ranked vehicles will give you some perspective as you shop: Which Car Companies Make the Highest-Quality Vehicles?
- Are you a millionaire already? Do you plan to be one soon? Are you interested in making a statement about your success with the car you put in your garage? Perhaps you would like to read Sharon Carty's review of the newest Bentley, the Flying Spur, which she had a chance to test drive in China this month: 2014 Bentley Flying Spur Test Drive
- Crossovers, what we call compact SUVs these days, have become a popular choice for families as a replacement for the station-wagon. And if you only have one or two kids, you don't really need a minivan. But vehicles such as the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 and Ford Escape, while popular, aren't always as safe, according to the ratings, as other vehicles. This story tells you why and gives you some tips and information on why: Safety Can Be Hard to Find Among Small SUVs
- When you go to negotiate your new car purchase, fees can add a lot of unexpected cost to your final deal. But you don't always have to pay them. You can negotiate them down or away all together. Here is AOL Autos guide to reducing your costs at deal signing time: Don't Pay Car Dealer Fees Without a Fight
- Are you looking for a reliable high-quality used car? Here is AOL Autos latest list of best deals on used cars under $10,000: Our Favorite Used Cars Under $10,000