Rockstar Games® Announces Grand Theft Auto V® Special Edition and Collector's Edition Details
Rockstar Games®Announces Grand Theft Auto V®Special Edition and Collector's Edition Details
Atomic Blimp pre-order bonus now available
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Rockstar Games is very proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of Grand Theft Auto V® for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, that are now available for worldwide pre-order from participating retailers.
Rockstar Games is very proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of Grand Theft Auto V(R) for the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, that are now available for worldwide pre-order from participating retailers. (Photo: Business Wire)
In addition, consumers who pre-order the Grand Theft Auto VSpecial Edition, Collector's Edition or the standalone retail version now will be ensured access to the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle. With every pre-order, players gain the ability to pilot the most iconic and leisurely aircraft in the Los Santos skies.
The Grand Theft Auto V Special Editionincludes:
- Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V;
- Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook;
- Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster;
- Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County;
- Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunation stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.
TheGrand Theft Auto Vincludesthe contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition plus:
- Grand Theft Auto VSecurity Deposit Bag with Logo Key - inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75" x 8.5" money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window;
- Grand Theft Auto VNew Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap - this exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer's left side, a Grand Theft Auto 'V' logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit;
- Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online- get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft AutoOnline Character Creation System;
- Unique Vehicles and Garage Property - players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single-player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930's style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.
The Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition comes packaged in a collectible outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top and finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination housing all of the contents.
The Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of this acclaimed series, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector's Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99.
All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.
Check with your local retailers for pre-order availability and for more information please go to www.rockstargames.com/V.
About Rockstar Games
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in New York, Rockstar Games creates and publishes some of the world's most critically acclaimed and best-selling video game franchises, including the ground-breaking Grand Theft Auto series, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, the Max Payne series, Bully and the Midnight Club street racing games. Rockstar's award-winning development team consists of studios in Edinburgh, Leeds, London, New England, San Diego and Toronto. For more information on Rockstar Games please visit www.rockstargames.com.
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products through its two wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K. Our products are designed for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at http://www.take2games.com.
Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies and are used under license from Microsoft.
"PlayStation" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The statements contained herein which are not historical facts are considered forward-looking statements under federal securities laws and may be identified by words such as "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "expects," "intends," "plans," "potential," "predicts," "projects," "seeks," "will," or words of similar meaning and include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the outlook for the Company's future business and financial performance. Such forward-looking statements are based on the current beliefs of our management as well as assumptions made by and information currently available to them, which are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. Actual outcomes and results may vary materially from these forward-looking statements based on a variety of risks and uncertainties including: our dependence on key management and product development personnel, our dependence on our Grand Theft Auto products and our ability to develop other hit titles for current and next-generation platforms, the timely release and significant market acceptance of our games, the ability to maintain acceptable pricing levels on our games, our ability to raise capital if needed and risks associated with international operations. Other important factors and information are contained in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2013, in the section entitled "Risk Factors," and the Company's other periodic filings with the SEC, which can be accessed at www.take2games.com. All forward-looking statements are qualified by these cautionary statements and apply only as of the date they are made. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Rockstar Games® Announces Grand Theft Auto V® Special Edition and Collector's Edition Details originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.