EA appears to be contemplating the revival of the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise. While the publisher/developer conglomerate has promised tounveil its Star Wars plans during E3, CFO Blake Jorgensen has already teased one of the possible titles -- Battlefront 3.
"The opportunity to do a newBattlefront, for example, which is one of the very popular Star Wars games, or some of the other traditional games that were made, is very exciting," Jorgensen said during the Stifel 2013 Technology Conference.
Star Wars: Battlefront 3 has had one of the more ugly development stories. Despite never being announced, the game was reportedly 99% complete before it was scrapped due to "financial reasons." That report was later disputed by a former LucasArts employee who estimated Battlefront 3 to be "75% of a mediocre game." Since the war of words, we've since seen several videos showing apparent footage of the game while it was still in development. While I personally wasn't blown away with anything I saw, there seems to be plenty of demand for a newBattlefront game.
I'd like to see DICE work their FPS magic on a new Battlefront game. What about you?
- Latest mortgage rates: Refinancing window is still open
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 2.01% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- These flavorful recipes are perfect for spicy food lovers
- These Halloween press-on nails are so simple to apply — and they glow …
- Swap out your rotten jack-o’-lanterns with these simple ‘jug-o’-lanter…
- 0% APR Card Offer Now Lasts Until 2023
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for October 2021