A hot topic that has caused many much confusion after today's Xbox One unveil was that of used games. According to a Wired report that went live shortly after the event ended, Xbox One will require a mandatory install for all games before they can be played, and that second-time users installing the same disc will have to pay a small, one-time fee. While Microsoft has yet to completely clear up the fiasco, GameStop president Tony Bartel believes that both Sony and Microsoft see "value" in used games in an interview with Polygon following the event in Redmond, Washington.
Interestingly enough, Bartel went on to assure consumers that GameStop will "help" gamers make the jump to next-gen through game and console trade-ins, noting that 16 to 17 percent of new games and DLC are paid for through trade-ins.
With the announcement that Xbox One will not be backwards compatible, will you still be trading in your console for a next-generation Xbox? What about the Playstation 4? Sony has confirmed that there will be no backwards compatibility feature at launch (though there might be a system in place later on). Let us know your thoughts and plans below.
- Latest mortgage rates: A retreat for rates extends refinancing oppo…
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- How to Turn Your Home Equity into Cash. Calculate Now.
- Crush Your Mortgage With This Government Program
- $300K Refi in this Economy? 1.98% APR (15 yr)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Easy and healthy soup recipes that are warming up TikTok
- Only have $100? Grab these boots that are perfect for fall
- Enjoy some sweet nostalgia with these homemade cereal recipes
- Pay No Interest Until 2023 With A Better Credit Card
- Want To Travel Practically Free? (Get 100k points fast)
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for September 2021