By Catherine Sherman
Newlyweds Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris may need to set a price limit for exchanging gifts. Shortly after Harris made her husband a homemade gift for his 87th birthday, the Playboy magazine founder dropped $4.995 million on a Hollywood Hills mansion for the 27-year-old Playmate. The couple finally tied the knot in January. They'd been engaged for awhile, but Harris called off the wedding in 2011. Now the newlyweds have sealed the deal with their first real estate purchase. According to TMZ, Harris is a co-owner of the property. (UPDATE: 10:20 a.m. EDT by AOL Real Estate -- The Huffington Post, meanwhile, reports that the title is in the name of Crystal Harris' mother.)
The modern manse is constructed in a decidedly different style than the traditional and Tudor-esque architecture of the Playboy Mansion. The 5,917-square-foot home was built in 2011 with several modern amenities, as well as a view of the city lights. A gated entrance leads into a contemporary kitchen and up a floating wood staircase into a luxurious master bedroom and bath. Outside, a white-glass infinity pool and deck provide secluded relaxation while sliding doors out front provide open-air living space.
Hefner has lived in the famous Playboy Mansion for several years, but it may come as a surprise that the millionaire doesn't own it. According to details of the lease, filed with the SEC as an appendix to his employment agreement, Hefner pays rent for the 29-room house. With the "Bunny Hutch" (across the street from Hefner's not-so-humble abode) recently listed for $11 million, time will tell whether Hefner decides to make the Hollywood Hills home his primary residence.
Find homes for sale in Los Angeles, or search listings in your area.
See more on Zillow:
Anna Faris & Chris Pratt Upgrade to Hollywood Hills Home
'Anna Karenina' Actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson Buys in Hollywood Hills
Superhero Actor Chris Evans Wins Bidding War for Hollywood Hills Home
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- Are you a homeowner? Refinance rates at 1.93% APR.
- Rates Could Rise After the Fed Meets. Lock in Now.
- If You're Current or Former Military, You'd Better Read This
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- 6 Reasons We Call This The Best Cash Back Card of 2021
- Say Goodbye to Debt: 0% intro APR until 2023
- Making a Big Purchase Soon? These Cards Are For You
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap