Huron Consulting Group Announces 2013 Day of Service
Huron Consulting Group Announces 2013 Day of Service
Employees Across the Globe to Take Part in Community Service Events
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Huron Consulting Group (NAS: HURN) , a leading provider of business consulting services, today announced that the Company will take part in community service events on and around Friday, May 17. Huron will provide the opportunity for all of its employees to demonstrate the Company's commitment to supporting local community organizations and causes across the globe.
"Contributing to the communities in which we live and work is central to Huron's values and culture. We are proud of our employees who enjoy giving their time, talent, and resources," said James H. Roth, chief executive officer and president, Huron Consulting Group. "Civic involvement and volunteerism allows our employees to connect with each other and their community. We look forward to this year's day of service and many more to come."
As part of the annual day of service, Huron employees will be participating in nearly 50 community service events with more than 40 different organizations worldwide. The Company's ongoing commitment to the community brings employees together by helping others through its Huron Helping Hands program.
A selection of the 2013 Day of Service community events include:
- Atlanta - serving students at a local school by delivering Junior Achievement of Georgia's programs that focus on financial literacy and work readiness.
- Chicago - providing painting and repair services at three Chicago Public Schools, taking part in craft projects with children at Boys & Girls Club of Chicago, and supporting the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago 2013 Move for Kids 5K Run/Walk.
- Houston - preparing and packaging meals at the Houston Food Bank's kitchen facility.
- iMatter Teams (focused on identifying strategies that enhance Huron's own diversity and inclusion while creating a greater sense of community) - supporting Career Gear, Dress for Success, EdgeAlliance, Inc. and Rose Brooks Center.
- India - hosting a carnival for the children of the Arushi Girls Home, Salaam Balaak Trust.
- London - reading to children at the Earlsmead Primary School and Children's Centre.
- New York - helping the Hudson River Park Trust with clean-up efforts in the area affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Portland - collecting and repackaging food at the Oregon Food Bank and providing maintenance work and lunch for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon and Southwest Washington.
Visit www.huronconsultinggroup.com/HuronHelpingHands for a full list of organizations Huron is partnering with for its Day of Service. In addition, connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/huronconsulting and follow us on Twitter @Huron and @HuronLegal.
"Since our founding 11 years ago, Huron has engaged in active philanthropy with the primary focus being participation in community service projects in which our employees can take an active role. We established Huron Helping Hands to target and coordinate our civic sponsorships, community service projects, matching gift program, and pro bono activities," said Diane Doherty, corporate vice president of Marketing and Sales Support, Huron Consulting Group. "The Company and our people have benefited significantly from the relationships established with each other and members of the community as they volunteer in various initiatives."
Huron was founded in May 2002 with 200 people and has grown to more than 2,000 today. The Company has four main business segments: Huron Healthcare; Huron Legal; Huron Education and Life Sciences; and Huron Financial. Huron was recognized by Consulting magazineas one of the Best Firms to Work For in 2012.
About Huron Consulting Group
Huron Consulting Group helps clients in diverse industries improve performance, reduce costs, leverage technology, process and review large amounts of complex data, address regulatory changes, recover from distress and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in administration, management, finance and operations to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized advice and solutions that are tailored to address each client's particular challenges and opportunities to deliver sustainable and measurable results. The Company provides consulting services to a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations, including healthcare organizations, leading academic institutions, Fortune 500 companies, governmental entities and law firms. Huron has worked with more than 95 of the top 100 research universities, more than 400 corporate general counsel, and more than 385 hospitals and academic medical centers. Learn more at www.huronconsultinggroup.com.
Huron Consulting Group
Jennifer Frost Hennagir
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
The article Huron Consulting Group Announces 2013 Day of Service originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.