ServiceNow Mobilizes Enterprise IT
ServiceNow Mobilizes Enterprise IT
Advances IT Service Delivery Through Anytime, Anywhere Access
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- ServiceNow® (NYS: NOW) , the enterprise IT cloud company, today announced enhanced mobile capabilities that provide IT with the ability to view and interact with their work anytime, anywhere. The new mobile features require no additional configuration, customization and implementation changes. ServiceNow for iPad just works.
Touch-optimized, ServiceNow for iPad makes IT and business applications mobile to improve accessibility, accelerate IT responsiveness and provide a better service experience across the enterprise. Key features include:
- Real-time access to the single system of record for IT. Allows executives and administrators alike to stay connected to the business and access reports and analytics in real-time.
- Full support for all application functionality. Fully integrated to include access to all ServiceNow applications, social collaboration via Live Feed, interactive dashboards as well as custom applications built on the Service platform.
- Unique, mobile-only features. The new "card" view provides an intuitive way to review and interact with work, quickly access recently used documents, view a favorites list of frequently used applications and attach pictures from the iPad camera to any record.
- No configuration or customization required. Written in HTML5, ServiceNow for iPad provides a familiar interface for all end-users and requires no re-work for administrators.
- Optimized iPad performance and navigation. Intuitive interface based on how tablet users work with minimal clicks, typing or re-training.
- No additional cost or servers required. ServiceNow for iPad works via the same cloud service that ServiceNow customers already use.
FMC Corporation, one of the world's leading specialty chemical companies, has been a customer of ServiceNow for the past four years. "The biggest feedback we get from our users is that desktops and laptops are slow and iPads are fast. The ability to access ServiceNow from an iPad will allow us to do more," said Ian McFarlane, application integration specialist, FMC Corporation. "For example, our desktop support group can now create an incident or a change request right at the user's desk. As an administrator, ServiceNow for iPad will allow me to attend conferences like Knowledge13, leave my laptop at home and not worry about losing touch with the business. I can continue to work on the iPad; it's more accessible, easier and much faster to use."
"ServiceNow for iPad is a key innovation in enabling our customers to execute on their enterprise mobility strategy," said Fred Luddy, founder and chief product offer, ServiceNow. "As mobile devices continue to proliferate in the enterprise, they will become the primary device for users. ServiceNow will increasingly add new features and functionality to further help our customers improve service delivery and transform enterprise IT."
This week at Knowledge13™, the largest gathering of IT professionals using cloud services for enterprise IT service automation, ServiceNow is offering sessions, labs and demos dedicated to mobility. ServiceNow for iPad will also be featured during Fred Luddy's general session keynote on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 and will be demonstrated in the ServiceNow booth #1217 during ExpoNow.
Price and Availability
ServiceNow for iPad is generally available today and is provided at no additional cost to current ServiceNow customers. For more information about ServiceNow for iPad, please go to http://www.servicenow.com/platform.do.
- Online: Go to http://bit.ly/knowledge13 for continuous ServiceNow updates from Knowledge13
- Newsroom: Access ServiceNow press releases and other media resources
- Social Media: Like ServiceNow on Facebook, follow @ServiceNow on Twitter and join the conversations using #Know13
- Community: Network with other ServiceNow users at community.servicenow.com
ServiceNow is the enterprise IT cloud company. We focus on transforming enterprise IT by automating and standardizing business processes and consolidating IT across the global enterprise. Organizations deploy our service to create a single system of record for enterprise IT, lower operational costs and enhance efficiency. Additionally, our customers use our extensible platform to build custom applications for automating activities unique to their business requirements. For more information, visit www.servicenow.com.
ServiceNow and the ServiceNow logo are registered trademarks of ServiceNow. Knowledge is a trademark of ServiceNow. All other brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
KEYWORDS: United States North America California Nevada
The article ServiceNow Mobilizes Enterprise IT originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.