New Release of Lexis for Microsoft Office Now Integrates with Lexis Advance Content and Expands Func
New Release of Lexis for Microsoft Office Now Integrates with Lexis Advance Content and Expands Functionality
Version brings customized search and results management to increase efficiency and accuracy in legal drafting process
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- LexisNexis® Legal & Professional, a leading provider of content and technology solutions, today announced that its industry-leading legal drafting solution, Lexis®for Microsoft® Office now integrates with Lexis Advance®. With the advanced features, functionality and content of Lexis Advance, Lexis for Microsoft Office now offers users even more options to quickly surface relevant results directly within their legal drafting process, streamline their workflow and improve the quality of their work product - directly embedded within Microsoft® Word and Outlook®.
"We take very seriously our responsibility to respond quickly to client emails, so we've found that the tight integration of our email with our legal research service through Lexis for Microsoft Office is a game-changer for us," said Joshua Magidson, senior attorney and shareholder, Macfarlane Ferguson McMullen. "As a result, we're able to give our clients faster and more reliable answers to their critical business questions."
Lexis for Microsoft Office integrates the drafting and research resources needed to analyze, prepare and validate email correspondence and documents directly with the Microsoft Office applications legal professionals use every day. Users can instantly make use of drafting tools and research content from LexisNexis and the open Web. This seamless integration into users' workflow saves time, boosts efficiency and increases confidence in the outcome of their work.
"Legal professionals are more strapped for time and in need of trustworthy efficiency solutions than ever before - and the legal drafting process is one of the most time consuming tasks they engage in. Lexis for Microsoft Office gives busy legal professionals a leg up and peace of mind by embedding the information and validation tools they need directly within the context of their workflow," said Jeff Arvin, vice president and managing director, Lexis for Microsoft Office. "The Lexis Advance content and functionality integration gives legal professionals yet an additional edge with quick insights, easy validation and enormous time savings."
The access to Lexis Advance content and sophisticated functionality brings further depth to the Lexis for Microsoft Office offering with expanded search capabilities, refined filtering, in-document navigation and additional delivery options, allowing users to quickly hone in on the insights needed to complete their legal documents. Most notably:
- Post-search filtering - Users can quickly identify relevant results by narrowing their search outcomes with a comprehensive set of post-search criteria such as Jurisdiction, Court, Timeline, Source, Keywords, and Practice Area & Topics.
- Expanded content - The research content available for reference in Lexis for Microsoft Office is now expanded and aligns with a user's Lexis Advance subscription, offering additional content types such as Jury Verdicts & Settlements, Expert Witness Analysis, Administrative Materials and Administrative Codes & Regulations.
- Search preferences -Users can select alternative search configurations including the ability to toggle between natural language and terms/connectors searches as well as using search term synonyms and equivalents.
- Results review - Enhanced document display and more options to navigate within a document give users quicker access to the relevant content, for example jumping to document sections such as core terms, case summary and outcome.
- Document delivery - Additional print, download, email and formatting tools allow for more customized results documentation and information sharing.
The content-based features of Lexis for Microsoft Office are aligned with a user's Lexis Advance content subscription, offering the full transparency benefits and options such as free previews of out-of-plan documents.
Detailed information, tutorials and product brochures for Lexis for Microsoft Office are available at http://www.lexisnexis.com/office.
High-resolution screen shots can be downloaded here:
- Lexis for Microsoft Office - Results Review
- Lexis for Microsoft Office - Post-search Filtering
- Lexis for Microsoft Office - Expanded Content
- Lexis for Microsoft Office - Background Information on Entities and Terms
About LexisNexis®Legal & Professional
LexisNexis Legal & Professional is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide.
Follow LexisNexis Legal & Professional
Twitter® - @LexisNexisComms
YouTube™ - http://www.youtube.com/lnuslmpr
LexisNexis Legal & Professional
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article New Release of Lexis for Microsoft Office Now Integrates with Lexis Advance Content and Expands Functionality originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.