Coca-Cola Gets the Ball Rolling for a Fun Active Summer
Coca-Cola Gets the Ball Rolling for a Fun Active Summer
The Company sets goal to inspire 3 million people to get their "Fun" on this summer by making activities and sports gear available all summer long
ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Following The Coca-Cola Company's announcement of its global wellbeing commitments last week, Coca-Cola USA gears up for a summer of activity and fun with its "Get The Ball Rolling" initiative.
"Summer is a great time of year for people to come together to enjoy activities and sports that make them happy," said Stuart Kronauge, General Manager, Sparkling Beverages, Coca-Cola USA. "We're taking programs and events to which we have access and making sure that people who participate in them rediscover the joy and fun of being active."
Coca-Cola USA will "Get the Ball Rolling" this summer with events available to millions across America. Here are a few fun ways people can refresh their summer with activity:
- Thousands of Coca-Cola soccer balls will be given out at major events - like the Coca-Cola Swelter Stopper - and through MyCokeRewards.com, the Company's online affinity program.
- Every summer weekend - starting June 21, the first day of summer, to Labor Day, September 2 - one Shine™ activity tracker by Misfit will be distributed every hour from sunrise to sunset Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to a lucky individual through MyCokeRewards.com. This elegant device allows users to track activities, such as swimming and biking, while syncing with their smartphones.
- Coca-Cola USA is encouraging families to be active this summer on behalf of their favorite national, state and local parks. Through the America Is Your Park campaign, kicking off this June, people can turn fitness activities into votes for parks to win recreation grants.
- Coca-Cola Happiness Trucks will be rolling into town and inspiring people to get on their feet and move to the beat of some of the hottest music during a series of dancing and activity events across the country.
Coca-Cola USA's "Get The Ball Rolling" effort contributes to the Company's global commitments to help fight obesity and be part of the solution, announced last week by Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO of The Coca-Cola Company. These commitments include:
- Offer low- or no-calorie beverage options in every market.
- Provide transparent nutrition information, featuring calories on the front of all of our packages.
- Help get people moving by supporting physical activity programs in every country where we do business.
- Market responsibly, including no advertising to children under 12 anywhere in the world.
The Coca-Cola Company continues to make the health of communities around the country a priority. We are working together with willing organizations, individuals and government to be part of the solution to obesity. Through collaborative partnerships and programs, the Company is delivering more beverage choices, calorie information and physical activity opportunities than ever before. To learn more, visit www.coke.com/comingtogether.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYS: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world's most valuable brand, our Company's portfolio features 16 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of more than 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo or visit our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled, at www.coca-colablog.com.
About Misfit Wearables
Misfit invents and manufactures wearable sensing devices that inspire people be more active and develop healthy habits. Misfit's first product, the Shine, is an elegant wireless personal activity tracker that you can wear anywhere on your body, using different accessories, and because of its sleek all-metal construction, can be worn to any occasion: a black tie event, the office, or a friend's birthday party. Simply tap Shine and a halo of lights appear to tell you how close you are to completing your personal daily activity goal. Carved out of a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum, it was built to last a lifetime and is water-resistant for swimming. www.misfitwearables.com/shine
The Coca-Cola Company
Katie Condon, 312-953-4463
KEYWORDS: United States North America Georgia
The article Coca-Cola Gets the Ball Rolling for a Fun Active Summer originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.