Mauricio Umansky has held the listing for Michael Jackson's final home, sold Lisa Vanderpump's massive mansion as well as the Wehba Mansion for $34.5 million. So when he says that he's never seen a property quite like Marmont Manor, you know the home must be unusual.
"This is the coolest property I've been at, from a 'cool factor' in terms of features," said Umansky, co-founder and CEO of The Agency. He holds the listing, priced at $24.5 million, along with Paul Lester, Jeeb O'Reilly and Deedee Howard, also of The Agency. Starting off, the home sits on 3 acres of flat land, which is incredibly hard to find -- especially in the Hollywood Hills.
"It's amazing at its core -- the land and the views -- and everything else goes from there," Umansky said.
Marmont Manor is owned by the estate of the late William Tilley, CEO of the Jacmar food distribution company and an investor in the Shakey's Pizza and BJ's Restaurant chains. Tilley passed away earlier this year, and his wife decided to list the home for sale.
Tilley's residence is more compound than home. Spanning seven buildings, the property includes a Tudor-style main home, built in the 1930s, as well as a caretaker's cottage, carriage house, two-story aviary and a pool pagoda with a restaurant-style kitchen, sushi bar and teppanyaki station. The property also has its own fire station, which is recognized by the Los Angeles County Fire Department.
The entire property is set up to be walkable, with trails leading from the pool area and grand pagoda to the aviary -- which currently holds Lady Amhersts, goldens, scarlets and doves -- and down to the fully stocked lake.
A car collector with several Ferraris, Tilley also built an eight-car garage. Three dog houses that mirror the architectural style of the main home round out the estate.
More on Zillow:
Manhattan's Most Expensive Home Officially Hits the Market at $125 Million
Bob Hope's Iconic John Lautner Home for Sale
Home Once Owned by William Randolph Hearst Listed as Rental
More on AOL Real Estate:
Find out how to calculate mortgage payments.
Find homes for sale in your area.
Find foreclosures in your area.
Find homes for rent.
Follow us on Twitter at @AOLRealEstate or connect with AOL Real Estate on Facebook.
- 7 Crucial Retirement Mistakes
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- This Year's Best High-Interest Savings Accounts
- Are You A Homeowner? Turn Your Skyrocketing Equity Into Cash
- Don't Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- The 3 Best Options To Borrow From Yourself
- Home Mortgage Rates Drop Sharply This Week
- HARP Refinance Program is Over. Now What?
- Digital Mortgage Platform Helps Home Buyers Shop for Mortgages
- Spend $500, Get $200 Fast With This Top Card
- Best Travel Credit Cards Of May 2022
- Plan The Trip Of A Lifetime With This Travel Card Bonus
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap