Next Generation 802.11ac Solution Increases Wi-Fi Capacity
Next Generation 802.11ac Solution Increases Wi-Fi Capacity
Motorola Solutions enables high-speed data, video streaming with full suite of access points and more on new 11ac standard
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- The demands on network bandwidth are dramatically increasing, and Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYS: MSI) is meeting those needs with a suite of new indoor- and outdoor-rated 802.11ac access points (APs). Delivering faster speeds, these APs help alleviate bandwidth challenges faced by both enterprises and governments when users connect to Wi-Fi networks and access high-bandwidth applications such as mobile video and streaming media applications.
The complete suite includes the AP 8232, AP 8222 and AP 8263, offering flexible options for a wide variety of deployment scenarios. The APs also enable integrated location and security sensing for mobile commerce applications to help connect shoppers in retail stores and hotel guests both indoors and outdoors. For government workers, these can provide data-rich content and multimedia sharing across the government enterprise with high-speed 802.11ac. These APs are also backward compatible with previous 802.11 standards and will support existing clients, preventing the need to create a new infrastructure.
In addition, a new software upgrade to the award-winning WiNG 5 technology delivers mobile applications faster with video acceleration to improve mobile video streaming experience by eliminating legacy WAN bandwidth limitations.
- Indoor APs: the modular AP 8232 has an expandable design to support plug-in applications such as a pan-tilt-zoom video camera, WAN back-haul as well as dedicated environmental, location and security sensors. The AP 8222 offers a fixed configuration with an internal antenna and a dual radio for customers who want an aesthetically pleasing fixture on the wall or ceiling.
- AP for ruggedized, outdoor environments: the AP 8263 offers a tri-radio, fixed configuration for ruggedized and outdoor deployments and supports integrated, wireless intrusion prevention system (WIPS) and location sensing out of the box with a third radio module.
- Increased use of guest Wi-Fi is requiring retailers and hotels to upgrade WAN links adding monthly bandwidth costs and requiring time to provision the new circuits. The upgrade to WiNG 5 now provides real-time content caching, improving web browsing and mobile app experiences for shoppers and guests without requiring a major upgrade to the WAN infrastructure.
- With the latest software upgrade, WiNG 5.5 simplifies IT deployments by extending its state-of-the-art, scalable AP management solution from a centralized network operating center with a single unified management portal for enterprise branch offices.
- The single dashboard view for hierarchical management, available on the NX-9500 controller platform, allows management of remote controllers, APs, WIPS and other applications all from an integrated easy-to-use, graphical console and delivers centralized control over the enterprise Wi-Fi deployment.
- Motorola's MESHConnex™ technology can now leverage the higher data rates offered by 802.11ac to wirelessly enable a richer backhaul pipe for multi-media traffic.
- Utilize Motorola's full breadth of Services to assist with optimal WLAN architecture and network placement design as well as integration to help ensure all AP models work efficiently. In addition, Motorola's Software Support, Service from the Start and managed service offerings provide best-in-class capabilities to improve AP uptime, minimize equipment downtime and provide reliable real-time data for peak WLAN operation.
Imran Akbar, vice president and general manager, Enterprise Networks & Communications, Motorola Solutions
"The demands on network bandwidth are on the rise, and our end-to-end solution for the 802.11ac standard, including new APs and WiNG 5.5 upgrade, increase capacity in the Wi-Fi network for both enterprise and government. In addition, the application acceleration engine with content caching helps accelerate application performance without requiring significant increases in WAN bandwidth."
Craig Mathias, principal, Farpoint Group
"It's now very clear that 802.11ac is the next-generation enterprise and government WLAN technology. And with this announcement, Motorola Solutions is adding system features that are well-served by the enhanced capacity of 802.11ac. Demanding retail and public safety environments, for example, are about to see a big upgrade in capability."
Website:Motorola Wireless LAN Solutions
White Paper:What You Need to Know About 802.11ac
Spec Sheet:AP 8232 Specifications Sheet
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker "MSI." To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
+1 847 576-4311
+1 224 239-2433
Industry Analyst Relations Contact:
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois Nevada
The article Next Generation 802.11ac Solution Increases Wi-Fi Capacity originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.