Is Call of Duty: Ghosts really not coming to the Wii U? Activision today officially announced the next entry in Call of Duty, saying it "ushers in the next generation of the franchise." However, it looks like that franchise's leap to the next generation may leave Nintendo in the dust. In confirming the game, Activision announced Call of Duty: Ghostswould be releasing on Xbox 360, PS3, PC, and "next generation platforms."
I know the Wii U is sometimes considered part of the "next generation" -- especially among Nintendo fans -- but many publishers tend to mention Nintendo's new platform alongside the current-gen consoles. This could simply be because the Wii U has already released so there's no real harm in confirming it as a platform. Activision's omission of the Wii U as a platform certainly has us puzzled.
It's possible that Activision has just lumped the Wii U in its "next generation platforms," but it's also possible that it won't be released on the Wii U at all. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was available for the Wii U during the console's launch and although it received a positive score on GameZone, it did suffer from a few setbacks -- most notably the lack of players. Granted the Wii U has had some time to build up a player base, but perhaps Activision believes it would be money better spent elsewhere than on a Wii U version.
- Latest mortgage news: Virus news pushes rates down this week
- 5 ways a personal loan could help you save money
- Robinhood IPO: 5 risks investors should consider as shares begin tradi…
- Forget the 30yr mortgage if you owe less than $822K (Do this instea…
- How to pay off your house ASAP (So simple it's unbelievable)
- Refinance Rates Remain Historically Cheap
- Today's Top Mortgage Rates in Your Area
- Reach Your Financial Goals and Help Your Money Grow with these Top Inv…
- Drowning in Credit Card Debt? Consider a Debt Consolidation Loan!
- Don’t Borrow From The Bank - Borrow From Yourself
- Your Best Refinance Rates for December 2021
- How To Pay Off Your House ASAP (It's So Simple)
- Notice: cars driven less than 25 miles could pay less
- Seniors, get car insurance from $39 per month
- Qualified zip codes save big on insurance
- People Who Retire Comfortably Avoid These Financial Advisor Mistake…
- The Worst Way to Withdraw From Retirement Accounts
- 2020: How to Maximize Your Savings
- TikTokers share delicious vegan holiday recipes
- Food TikToker reveals in food how many calories he eats in a day
- Leesa’s extended Cyber Monday sale is offering up to $600 off mattress…
- Your Best Credit Card Offers for December 2021
- Shop Now, Pay Interest Later With These Top Cards
- Want To Travel Practically Free? Get This Card Now