Texas.gov Launches Enhanced Website to Better Serve Texans
Texas.gov Launches Enhanced Website toBetter Serve Texans
No matter the device, Texas.gov delivers an exceptional experience
AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Every day, Texas.gov receives 20,000+ visitors, facilitates 6,400+ searches, supports 15,700+ clicks, and processes 72,000+ online transactions. And now, the State's official website is even more user-friendly, welcoming all visitors with a new, bold, mobile-first design.
Providing Texans with a positive, successful experience is the cornerstone of Texas.gov. Using the latest web technologies and design philosophies, Texas.gov helps users accomplish their intended purpose as quickly and efficiently as possible. To achieve this, the enhanced Texas.gov features:
- Responsive design - This innovative design approach ensures that Texas.gov delivers an optimal viewing experience from any device - mobile phone, tablet, or desktop. Texas.gov automatically detects screen resolution and determines the appropriate layout. For example, if a user visits from a mobile device or tablet, multi-columns are reduced to a single column and images are hidden so they do not interfere with the layout.
- Contemporary visual design - A monochromatic design for the enhanced Texas.gov website makes a timeless yet innovative statement. The predominantly black and white theme and modern typography keeps the design simple, enabling users to quickly locate what they need. Iconic Texas images exude beauty in the background without detracting from the content or distracting the user.
- Streamlined content - Using web analytics, we identified the most popular online services and gave them prominence on the Texas.gov homepage. These five services represent 75 percent of the three million plus clicks on homepage links in 2012. The Search-centered navigation that Texas.gov pioneered continues to be the most prominent and popular feature of the site.
- Specialized landing pages - Four icons on the homepage - Driver, Business, Payments, and Records - direct users to topic-based, information-rich pages that provide links to relevant online services and other helpful assistance.
- Comprehensive agency profiles - Texas.gov aggregates pertinent information for 183 executive, legislative, and judicial entities into a single profile for each that includes address, map, and contact information, as well as links to online services, social media, open data, and more.
- Enhanced geolocation - New HTML5 geolocation APIs improved "Info Near You", letting users consensually share their location. This allows Texas.gov to display local government information - such as driver license and vehicle registration offices, libraries, and parks - relative to the user's location via an embedded Google map.
No matter what task you need to complete, what your comfort level with the Internet is, or what device you choose to use - Texas.gov delivers an exceptional experience to the constituents it serves day in and day out.
Texas.gov is the official website of the state of Texas (www.texas.gov) and is a collaborative public/private partnership managed by the Department of Information Resources (DIR). Texas.gov helps state and local government entities Web-enable their services and operates without tax funds through a partnership between the state and Texas NICUSA, LLC. Texas NICUSA builds, operates, maintains, and markets Texas.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC's (NAS: EGOV) family of companies. Since its launch in 2000, Texas.gov has securely processed more than 189 million financial transactions and collected more than $27 billion on behalf of participating entities.
NIC Inc. (NAS: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. Our popular self-funded solution allows government to put in-demand services online without using taxpayer funds. The NIC family of companies currently provides cost-effective eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com.
Jennifer Buaas, 512-463-3602
KEYWORDS: United States North America Texas
The article Texas.gov Launches Enhanced Website to Better Serve Texans originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.