Shaped by Research and Guest Insights, the Newly Redesigned Hyatt.com is More Robust, Innovative and
Shaped by Research and Guest Insights, the Newly Redesigned Hyatt.com is More Robust, Innovative and Experiential
CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Building on insights gained in more than a year of intensive qualitative and quantitative research, today Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYS: H) launched a new Hyatt.com website designed to enhance the guest experience. The new Hyatt.com, the company's core digital platform and booking engine, marks a milestone of innovation and efficiency in the hospitality space.
"Hyatt.com plays a significant role in shaping many people's perception of Hyatt, so it was crucial to make that experience even more efficient, informative and visually engaging. We had the necessary functionality that allowed guests to do what they needed to do, but our research showed us that we could repurpose that information to allow consumers a more seamless experience," said Bill Bernahl, vice president, E-Commerce, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. "This redesign is one of the largest E-Commerce initiatives we have ever undertaken, and we believe that the result has transformed Hyatt.com into a best-in-class website that will truly enhance the digital experience for today's travelers."
Hyatt asked more than 22,000 survey respondents questions about their overall Hyatt.com experience to determine what they liked best about the site and what they would change. As a result of that feedback, Hyatt built a new, more engaging and immersive hotel booking experience. Highlights include:
- A Better View - Guests can now experience galleries with 360-degree tours, photography and videos of each hotel and its guestrooms
- Hyatt Speaks Your Language - Hyatt.com is searchable and bookable in more than 10 languages, including English, German, Japanese, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese
- Social Sharing - New social media channel integration will allow guests to "like" or "share" a Hyatt-branded hotel or resort
- Simplified Shopping and Booking - A sophisticated, more efficient booking widget will bring information to the guest by clearly showcasing rate details, terms and conditions, and full rate disclosure with different currencies
- Easier Reward Booking - Hyatt Gold Passport point values are now displayed alongside hotel rates so guests can easily book using Hyatt Gold Passport points
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®and Hyatt HouseTM brand names and have locations on six continents. Hyatt Residential Group, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops, operates, markets or licenses Hyatt ResidencesTM and Hyatt Residence ClubTM. As of December 31, 2012, the Company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 500 properties in 46 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Siân Martin, +1 312 780 5797
KEYWORDS: United States North America Illinois
The article Shaped by Research and Guest Insights, the Newly Redesigned Hyatt.com is More Robust, Innovative and Experiential originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.