AOL's Investment in Original Programming Takes Center Stage at Digital Content NewFront with Launch
AOL's Investment in Original Programming Takes Center Stage at Digital Content NewFront with Launch of New 2013 Video Slate
Sarah Jessica Parker, Hank Azaria, Nicole Richie, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tracy Anderson, The Sartorialist and Jonathan Adler Anchor AOL On 2013 Video Programming Slate
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Continuing its investment in premium original content, AOL today announced its new slate of original web series that will premiere on the AOL On Network, AOL's premium video platform, and across our 1,700 partner sites. Spanning across autos, entertainment, tech, style, business, sports and food, these new series feature well-known celebrities as well as influencers on the rise. AOL's slate was announced at its 2013 Digital Content NewFront, where more than 750 brand advertisers, marketers, agencies and digital and TV media buyers came together to experience the power and reach of the AOL brand.
"Consumers are watching web video everywhere and all the time - on their plasma screens in their living rooms, on their mobile phones, and on their tablets," said Karen Cahn, General Manager, AOL On Original Video. "With our premium quality original programming, AOL is bridging the gap between what people see on broadcast TV and what they see online."
AOL, the #1 premium curated video network on the web, is committed to bridging the gap between premium digital video and TV. Through its original production, curated programming, and video distribution across partners and screens, AOL is creating a seamless, high-end video experience for advertisers and consumers.
"We've focused on creating a common thread through all of our series on this slate, namely authentic voices, sharing remarkable stories," said Gabriel Lewis, Head of AOL Studios. "Whether the voices are lighthearted, insightful, or inspirational, all of them are genuine and unique."
This season's slate includes:
- "CITY.BALLET." - Enter the graceful but competitive world of ballet through the eyes of executive producer, Sarah Jessica Parker. This behind-the-scenes docudrama reveals what it takes to perform on the ultimate stage, the New York City Ballet. Produced by Pretty Matches Productions and Zero Point Zero Production.
- "#CANDIDLYNICOLE" - Fashion icon, creative director of House of Harlow 1960 and Winter Kate and mom, Nicole Richie, brings her unfiltered sense of humor and unique perspective to life in a new series based on Nicole's clever twitter feed and will follow the outspoken host as she muses on her own daily insights and shares her uncensored perspective on style, parenting, relationships and her journey through life. Produced by Telepictures Productions and World of Wonder with executive producers Nicole Richie and Michael Baum.
- "MY INK" - From award-winning producer Mike Tollin, the biggest names in sports share the personal stories behind their tattoos. Produced by Mandalay Sports Media.
- "ANTHONY EATS AMERICA" - Actor and comedianAnthony Anderson eats his way across America one kitchen at a time, as he connects with home chefs to learn the secrets of their signatures dishes. Produced by Principato-Young Entertainment.
- "NOW EAT THIS! ITALY WITH ROCCO DISPIRITO" - A unique intersection of travel, cuisine and health where Chef and New York Times best-selling author Rocco DiSpiritovisits Italian mamas in their homes in Sorrento, Italy to learn how to make authentic Italian dishes healthy and under 350 calories directly from the experts.
- "INSPIRATION POINT WITH JONATHAN ADLER" - Iconic potter, designer, author, and personality Jonathan Adler shares his perspectives on creativity, inspiration, and adding style, craft, and joy to your life. Everything Jonathan makes reflects the company motto, "If your heirs won't fight over it, we won't make it." Produced by AOL Studios.
- "THE SARTORIALIST" - Photographer Scott Schuman searches the city streets for amazing fashion as well as the stories behind the style.
- "FUEGO YOUR LIFE" - Bilingual sensation Sandra Vergara shares her spicy secrets to style and beauty in this new digital girls' guide. Twenty-five-year-old Colombian-born Latina spitfire, Sandra brings her passion and unfiltered point-of-view to this original series about adding fuego (fire) to any area of life. Produced by Telepictures Productions.
- "SECOND CHANCES" - Gwyneth Paltrow and Tracy Anderson spend time with women who've overcome hardship, injury, and setbacks to triumph in the face of adversity. We'll hear their inspiring stories firsthand, whether fighting back from a career-ending injury or transforming their lives and bodies through diet and exercise.Producedby Ryan Seacrest Productions.
- "HARDWIRED" - Millennial tech gadgetguru and digital influencer Justine Ezarik aka iJustine explores the latest in wearable technology. Produced by AOL Studios.
- "THE FUTURE STARTS HERE" - Groundbreaking filmmaker andFounder of the Webby Awards Tiffany Shlain explores, with humor and insights, humanity's evolution with technology.
- "FLAT OUT" - High end documentary series following 17 year old NASCAR rising star, Dylan Kwasniewski, in his quest to become a top NASCAR driver and mark his spot in history on the race track. The new unscripted program follows Dylan's life as he balances being both a teenager and NASCAR driver. Produced by Vuguru and NASCAR Productions.
- "FATHERHOOD" - Enter the life of hilarious, Emmy Award-winning actor Hank Azaria as he wrestles with the multitude of challenges that come with being a first-time father. Produced by BermanBraun.
- "FUNDED" - Discover crowdfunded small business success stories with author, comedian, and entrepreneur Baratunde Thurston. Produced by AOL Studios with Cultivated Wit.
- "ACTING DISRUPTIVE" - Features Hollywood's biggest names away from the cameras as they launch tech and new media start-ups. Hosted by Max Lugavere and produced by Tribeca Enterprises.
The new slate underscores the AOL On Network's comprehensive video offering, from creation and syndication to monetization. Each program will live within the AOL ecosystem as well as across the 1,700 partner sites within the AOL On Network. Some of the series are live today at AOL On and the remaining series will roll out over the next several months.
AOL has a proven track record of developing successful video franchises across its owned-and-operated properties including Moviefone's Unscripted, The Engadget Show, Autoblog's The List, AOL Autos' Translogic. At the first Digital Content NewFront in 2012, AOL announced six shows including, Digital Justice, Decoding Style, TBE, Home of the Brave, Fetching and Little Women Big Cars. Season two of Little Women Big Cars, created in partnership with Vuguru, debuted earlier this month after garnering over six million views. Other successes include over 2.5 million views on Fetching, over five million views on Home of the Brave, and over 2.5 million views on Decoding Style in less than three months. Earlier this year, AOL Autos' TRANSLOGIC and Autoblog's "The List," were picked up by SPEED, the foremost automotive-enthusiast channel on TV and a member of the FOX Sports Media Group, to become linear TV shows.
AOL Inc. (NYS: AOL) is a brand company, committed to continuously innovating, growing, and investing in brands and experiences that inform, entertain, and connect the world. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
Mandy Albers, 212-652-6394
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article AOL's Investment in Original Programming Takes Center Stage at Digital Content NewFront with Launch of New 2013 Video Slate originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.