10,000 More Dollar Store Job Openings!
The economy is still tough and jobs are not yet plentiful. That is likely one part of why the rise of the dollar store theme is now becoming a secular trend rather than a cyclical trend. Dollar General (NYSE: DG) issued a corporate press release showing that it wants to hire 10,000 new employees in May.
It may be very hard to celebrate 10,000 jobs when they are being announced by a dollar store chain. At least it is 10,000 more hires for the payrolls to count.
These jobs will be for its stores and for its distribution center locations, and the company will be holding career fairs throughout the month in the 40 states the company serves. The job fairs will be located as follows:
- Paychecks for Patriots throughout Florida: Friday, May 10
- Alachua, Fla. distribution center hiring fair: Friday, May 10
- Marion, Ind. distribution center hiring fair: Saturday, May 11
- Fulton, Mo. distribution center hiring fair: Tuesday, May 14
- Nationwide store hiring fairs at 170 locations across 40 states: Saturday, May 18
- Ardmore, Okla. distribution center hiring fair: Saturday, May 18
- Scottsville, Ky. distribution center hiring fair: Monday, May 20
- Indianola, Miss. distribution center hiring fair: Tuesday, May 21
- Lebec, Calif. distribution center hiring fair: Tuesday, May 21
- Bethel Township, Pa. distribution center hiring fair: Wednesday, May 22
- Bessemer, Ala. distribution center hiring fair: Wednesday, May 29
- South Boston, Va. distribution center hiring fair: Wednesday, May 29
CEO Rick Dreiling said, "With growth and development opportunities, industry-recognized training programs and a culture of helping our employees grow and develop their skills, this national hiring initiative is a great opportunity for people to join the Dollar General team and to grow with us as we continue to strengthen and expand our business across America."
Dollar General shares are down 0.5% at $51.94 with a $17 billion market cap. The 52-week trading range is $39.73 to $56.04 and the Thomson Reuters consensus price target is $57.10 for the stock price. The company claims more than 10,500 stores in 40 states and last year's annual report showed that there were more than over 90,000 Dollar General employees.
Filed under: 24/7 Wall St. Wire, Consumer Goods, Consumer Product, Corporate Governance, Labor, Retail Tagged: DG, featured