Canon U.S.A. Launches imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9200 PRO Series Multi-Function Printers for Light Product
Canon U.S.A. Launches imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9200 PRO Series Multi-Function Printers for Light Production and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7200 Series MFPs for High-Volume Offices
MELVILLE, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Offering faster black-and-white print speeds, shorter warm-up times, more standard system features, improved finishers and greater energy efficiency than the multifunction systems they replace, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has introduced the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9200 PRO Series for central reprographic departments (CRD) and light production environments and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7200 Series for high-volume office use.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO features output speeds of up to 80 pages-per-minute in black-and-white and up to 70 ppm in color, and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9270 PRO provides up to 70 ppm in black-and-white and up to 65 ppm in color. Both models offer the most advanced finishing and media support and highest levels of image quality within the imageRUNNER ADVANCE line to meet the needs of CRD environments, short-run print-for-pay businesses, and high volume offices looking to bring work in house.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7270 and C7260 feature speeds of up to 70 ppm and up to 60 ppm in black-and-white and 60 ppm and up to 55 ppm in color, respectively, and will suit the needs of high-volume color office environments. These models can serve as an upgrade path for mid-volume MFPs with faster speeds, more robust paper handling and finishing, and more flexible media support. Both models give large departments within an enterprise the ability to handle higher print volumes quickly, helping to realize faster turnaround time and productivity efficiencies.
"Work environments in many industries have changed tremendously in recent years, with disruptive technologies changing the way we work in a fundamental way," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "Canon is addressing the need for streamlined workflows and optimized business processes with state-of-the-art devices that provide powerful performance and productivity."
The new models are built on Canon's next-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, designed to be the core of business communications where imaging technology, cloud connectivity, and mobile solutions converge. It builds upon the established design, workflow, control, performance and responsibility attributes of the previous generation, with new capabilities to further enhance the user experience, streamline document workflows, and merge technologies together to optimize business processes. Some of the new features and capabilities include:
- Shorter warm-up times: The Induction Heat-RAPID fusing system reduces warm-up time to approximately 31 seconds from sleep mode compared to up to six minutes for the previous models. In "Quick Startup Mode" it only takes seven seconds from turning on the main power until the key operation on the touch panel display becomes available.
- Improved energy efficiency: The combination of fusing technologies and pQ toner help lower overall energy consumption by minimizing power requirements and reducing energy use during warm-up and standby modes. All models achieve best-in-class Total Energy Consumption (TEC) ratings, meet ENERGY STAR® standards, and have received an EPEAT® Gold rating (EPEAT is the definitive global registry for greener electronics).
- Enhanced security: A Hard Disk Drive Erase function, previously only available as an option, is standard on the new models. It protects sensitive information by overwriting latent images after each task. An HDD Lock function, also a new standard feature, protects data stored in the HDD from being accessed by a PC after removing it from the device. IPsec, another previously optional feature that's now standard, protects data that crosses through the network.
- Improved image quality: Canon's propriety ZIMA chip and Dot-Screen technology, which until now were only available on the company's imagePRESS line of digital production presses, allows for smoother and higher-quality copy reproduction of output for general business documents (text/photo) and contributes to increased smoothness in highlights.
- Flexible in-line finishing options: A wide variety of finishing devices are now available to help improve productivity, including a staple finisher, booklet finisher, 2/3-hole punch, and insertion/folding options for all of the new models, plus a professional puncher, booklet trimmer, and folding unit for the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO/C9270 PRO.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9280 PRO/C9270 PRO and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7270/C7260 models are available through Canon authorized dealers at manufacturer's suggested retail prices of $52,500, $42,000, $36,750 and $29,400 respectively*. More information on these models and the entire next-generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform can be found at www.usa.canon.com/SimplyAdvanced.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYS: CAJ) , ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
*Availability, prices, and specifications of all products are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
KEYWORDS: United States North America New York
The article Canon U.S.A. Launches imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9200 PRO Series Multi-Function Printers for Light Production and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7200 Series MFPs for High-Volume Offices originally appeared on Fool.com.Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
Copyright © 1995 - 2013 The Motley Fool, LLC. All rights reserved. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.